Status
Not open for further replies.

fender0942

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
New jersey
I bought a pack of ce2 clearomizers rev5. I hate them. They leak, they don't wick that well (I did try some of the wick mods), and overall I'm not that impressed.

My question is: do the ce2 CARTOmizers work better than the CLEAROmizers? Because the battery end looks machined rather than plastic tubing on top of a battery fitting. Do the CARTO'S Leak? Do they hit better? Do they vape differently and if so how. I need some recommendations. I have ego-tanks, dual coil carts, G4 carts (they suck), setups for dripping, smart tanks 2.0, and the new gotvapes turbine tank atty (sucks. No TH at all but flavor is ok).

I want a setup for when I'm not dripping, that is "like" dripping. You know clean taste without polyfill. So far the closet thing is the ego tanks. I use the type b LR. There's gotta be something better. Or maybe we are stuck in a Vapers limbo waiting for the next setup that works.

I have been thinking about getting the fog but I am reading mixed reviews. I don't want to spen $70 and end up not liking it. The gg avs v3 looks cool but always sold out. Again that is even ab expensive chance to take if I don't like. HELP ECF'rs. Are the ce2's carts better? What else is great!

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
Have you tried a Tank System?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...4304-tank-system-master-list.html#post3371091

I used to drip. It was a Love/Hate relationship.

Thankfully, I found the "Tank Systems" and I'm no longer a slave to my PV!

I recommend the GP-SSR Simple Service Reservoir from GoodProphets.com! More details available in the above link.

Here is a http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ple-service-reservoir-review.html#post2914926.

Edit to add;

Check out the REO line of bottom feeder PV's.

Like a REO Woodvil, REO Grand, or REO mini.

Last edited:

Maxine

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Maine
I think clearomizers are terrible too. The metal ones are better, but even at that they leak like buggers if I lay them down. So essentially they only really work for me if I'm at home in which case I drip anyway. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the CE3's which will be out in a few more days. Until then if I need a carto I'll stick with Boge.

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
I bought a pack of ce2 clearomizers rev5. I hate them. They leak, they don't wick that well (I did try some of the wick mods), and overall I'm not that impressed.

My question is: do the ce2 CARTOmizers work better than the CLEAROmizers? Because the battery end looks machined rather than plastic tubing on top of a battery fitting. Do the CARTO'S Leak? Do they hit better? Do they vape differently and if so how. I need some recommendations. I have ego-tanks, dual coil carts, G4 carts (they suck), setups for dripping, smart tanks 2.0, and the new gotvapes turbine tank atty (sucks. No TH at all but flavor is ok).

I want a setup for when I'm not dripping, that is "like" dripping. You know clean taste without polyfill. So far the closet thing is the ego tanks. I use the type b LR. There's gotta be something better. Or maybe we are stuck in a Vapers limbo waiting for the next setup that works.

I have been thinking about getting the fog but I am reading mixed reviews. I don't want to spen $70 and end up not liking it. The gg avs v3 looks cool but always sold out. Again that is even ab expensive chance to take if I don't like. HELP ECF'rs. Are the ce2's carts better? What else is great!

To answer your question, The metal ce2's are 100,000,000,000,000 times better than the clear ones. They don't leak, they only gurgle with certain juices (namely TopVapor from madvapes), some, if not most of the 2.4ohm ones are defective and taste like rubber. So I recommend the 2.6-2.8ohm.

It's the cleanest tasting vape I've had from a carto or atty/cart combination, and with most flavors (especially fruity ones) the 2.8ohm tastes better than LR dripping at 3.7v. The ce2's are not HV friendly at any ohm, they just don't wick fast enough. But yes, I would go to gotvapes or clouds of vapor and get some XL steel or black ce2's in 2.8ohm.

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
To answer your question, The metal ce2's are 100,000,000,000,000 times better than the clear ones. They don't leak, they only gurgle with certain juices (namely TopVapor from madvapes), some, if not most of the 2.4ohm ones are defective and taste like rubber. So I recommend the 2.6-2.8ohm.

It's the cleanest tasting vape I've had from a carto or atty/cart combination, and with most flavors (especially fruity ones) the 2.8ohm tastes better than LR dripping at 3.7v. The ce2's are not HV friendly at any ohm, they just don't wick fast enough. But yes, I would go to gotvapes or clouds of vapor and get some XL steel or black ce2's in 2.8ohm.

Can you define HV as you used it here?

Edit to add;

I use a 3.2 Ohm CE2 at 4.5 volts on my ProVari and it is awesome.

I'm thinking you must mean like 5 or 6 volts as being HV.

Last edited:

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio

fender0942

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
New jersey
Have you tried a Tank System?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...4304-tank-system-master-list.html#post3371091

I used to drip. It was a Love/Hate relationship.

Thankfully, I found the "Tank Systems" and I'm no longer a slave to my PV!

I recommend the GP-SSR from GoodProphets.com! See the above link for details.

Edit to add;

Check out the REO line of bottom feeder PV's.

Like a REO Woodvil, REO Grand, or REO mini.

Can you be specific as to which tanks you recommend so I can get an idea. I have used the crap out of the joye brand type b standard and LR tank atty's. And I did try the gotvapes turbine version and that sucks azz. No TH at all. Not even close to the joye.

fender0942

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
New jersey
I think clearomizers are terrible too. The metal ones are better, but even at that they leak like buggers if I lay them down. So essentially they only really work for me if I'm at home in which case I drip anyway. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the CE3's which will be out in a few more days. Until then if I need a carto I'll stick with Boge.

Who will be selling the CE3's? What's the release date?

fender0942

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
New jersey
I happen to like the Clearos but only after some modding.

If you think about going in that direction, you'll find some helpful links here.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-cartomizers-clearomizers-what-they-how.html

I can't justify spending money on a product that I have to "fix" to get it to work right. If you think it about that's only selling me "half" of what I paid for. It's robbery. De-wicking or debridging an atty is modding. Messing with a cart to get it to function properly is "fixing". Just my opinion. Respectfully of course

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
Can you be specific as to which tanks you recommend so I can get an idea. I have used the crap out of the joye brand type b standard and LR tank atty's. And I did try the gotvapes turbine version and that sucks azz. No TH at all. Not even close to the joye.

GP-SSR Simple Service Reservoir.

The regular one in the drop down menu with a 2.4 CE2 if your using it on a standard e-cig battery that is ~3.7 volts.

Drop down menu = REG SSR w/2.4 CE2 (+$3.00)

Edit to add;

I haven't used a CE2 on a regular e-Cig battery so maybe someone with more experience with using CE2's on a standard e-Cig battery can chime in verify if the 2.4 Ohm range CE2 will work best at ~3.7 volts.

Last edited:

K24A3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
Aus
It's gotta work with a provari. I'm open to using adapters

I see, ok the upcoming iAtty should be a good choice (available this month some time). It's similar to the UFS but it has a coil and wick designed with high performance in mind, and is compatible with 510 equipment (It may need an adapter if you are not going to use a GGTB, not 100% sure though).

Anyway have a read of this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/183205-iatty.html

Iatty characteristics

no soldering
ability to change the wick without chanching wire
steel construction
change wire or wick without tools
put any size of resistance
no wool inside
it doesnt gets clogged
very easy to emply it if it gets overflooded
vapes in any angle
it cant be shorted in any way
dripping applicable
you can put the exact resistance you want by premeassuring it
5 ml capacity
no leaks
doesnt get hot
easy refill
50mm long, 21mm width
made in Europe
lifetime waranty by paying 12 euros for each part of it that fails even if it is user's fault.

Mr.BeSoBeautiful

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Ive been using CE2 rev5 clearos for a week now and it took 4 days or so to finally get them to where i'm 98.7% satisfied with them. i haven't used the metal ones so i can't really compare the two. The two major flaws i found with the clearos were both surrounding the wick. The first was the actual wick not doing its job (wicking lol) to fix it i took the tube off and untwisted the wick which turned 2 twisted sides to approximately 10 curly wicks on each side. Not only did this draw more liquid up but it held more liquid in the top half of the clearo which made the liquid only have to travel half the distance to reach the coil. The other flaw was the rubber cap which covers coil and ceramic cup was choking the wick and also causing it not to function. My fix for that was to use a small pair of scissors to clip the sides of the cap which allows more room. I trimmed the cap from about 1cm to either side of the syringe holes and all the way up to the base of the cap which gave me plenty of space to fluff the wick and allows for better wicking but still protects the clearo from leaking out the top. Ive had a lot of success with this mod and absolutely love them now. The other 1.3% of dissatisfaction has to do with the tube leaking (very little i might add probably around half a drop every hour if that)at the battery end. I think I'll be able to fix that with a new o ring that's a little thicker than the clear one that comes on them now. I wish i had a good camera that i could record a vid with because i know i'm not explaining it as well as i could show it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread