CE3 - Newbie thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveI

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
NJ
After vaping on my new CE3 for a few hours, and playing with it like a brand new toy, I noticed a few things, mostly guesses:

1- there was a bit of leaking upward toward the mouthpiece. I think when I inhale, I may be sucking too hard, causing some juice to come up the filling hole. [mostly because I forget to push the button, and my natural reaction to no vape is to suck harder]

2 - near the intake hole to the atomizer, quite a bit of juice remains trapped, even when turned upside down. If I try to refill it when the juice is trapped there, the pressure of the juice being added could force more juice through the hole, giving the impression that it is leaking after the 2nd fill. I'm vaping down all the way just in case. :)

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
After vaping on my new CE3 for a few hours, and playing with it like a brand new toy, I noticed a few things, mostly guesses:

1- there was a bit of leaking upward toward the mouthpiece. I think when I inhale, I may be sucking too hard, causing some juice to come up the filling hole. [mostly because I forget to push the button, and my natural reaction to no vape is to suck harder]

2 - near the intake hole to the atomizer, quite a bit of juice remains trapped, even when turned upside down. If I try to refill it when the juice is trapped there, the pressure of the juice being added could force more juice through the hole, giving the impression that it is leaking after the 2nd fill. I'm vaping down all the way just in case. :)

1. I don't think the juice is coming from the fill hole. It's coming up the air tube from the coil, because you didn't push the button.

2. Pull some air out the CE3 with the syringe while it's upside down. That will clear the liquid away from the wick holes.

J.R.

SteveI

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
NJ
Thanks...

Before I try my 2nd fill, pulled out my new x2 650 manual.... Forgot to click 5 times, and it still fired up... Are manuals occassionally sent in the on position?? looking closely, it has a few little scuffs on it already. Even if it is not new, I will keep it since it has the warrantee.

Come to think of it, on my manual 78, I think it came in the on position as well... oh well.
Does the manual 78 have an "off"? 5 clicks turns off my 650, but does not turn off the 78.
(Nevermind, I think the 78 doesn't have an "off")

Back to playing with my CE3 for now.
(Second refill went without a hitch, no leaks works great on all my batteries)

Last edited:

SteveI

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
NJ
More newbie thoughts:
3 - Even on my weak 65, the vapor production, flavor, and TH are strong with the CE3...
4 - Vaping too much leads to a head rush much faster with a CE3.
5 - CE3 seems to use about double[or more] the liquid per vape than a regular carto. I was taking max hits, often until battery blinks with the cartos... Now, I'm taking much shorter draws.
6 - no leaks after 3 refills.
7 - watching the bubbles go up can be mesmerizing
8 - new toy syndrome is more addictive than analog cigarettes. I am having way too much fun with this... And I still haven't found a flavor I really like.
9 - MY TASTE BUDS STILL really suck still. My son is saying he smells cappuccino. Not only can I not taste it well, it smells funky to me too.

Last edited:

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
The way i vape i get a ton of condesation around the mouth piece. I use a tissue twisted to point at the end and stick it in the mouth piece end. It soaks up the condesation nicely. Someone suggested a pipe cleaner. Just be careful not to shuve the pipe cleaner too far down. You could mess up the wicking.

These things last forever. Still using 3 i bought from july

Dac311

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Baton Rouge, LA
Yeah, the leaking you're referring to is probably just condensation. Soak it up with a tissue from time to time. The CE3's use more liquid because they are much more efficient in wicking. Which means they absorb juice very effectively. The reason your seeing more vapor is because its using more juice. If I could have a ce3 that didn't require a syring to fill, I'd go back to them in a heart beat. That being said, the nano's seem to work very well once they are broken in.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
The easiest way to fill a CE3 without bothering to "suck the air out" with a syringe is to simply flick it like a fever thermometer with the mouthpiece end down. This will force any remaining liquids away from the wicks and save putting a needle through the inner seal to do it. The whole point being to prevent liquid from being forced into the air tube, either toward the tip or battery end while filling. The biggest failure I have had with CE3s is the inner seal causing leaks. Keep in mind there is no vacuum in a CE3. The air pressure equalizes through the air tube and wicks, that what the bubbles are all about. They stay liquid tight by the surface tension effect, but if air can leak in through that seal it will leak. The only path for pressure equalization that works, will keep it from leaking, is through the air tube/wicks. Think of it as a pipette for vaping, if you let air in the top of a pipette the liquid drips out the bottom. As far as compared to the Nano, at the very least the CE3 blows it away simply by durability and maintainability.

Just my opinion, worth what you're paying for it, your results and mileage may vary, no warranty or guaranty is expressed or implied.

Last edited:

SteveI

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
NJ
I am so bummed....
For the last 2 days, I have been using my first CE3, about 5 fills. I have not taken it apart, drawing down to empty before changing flavors to sample. I am almost ready to try fill with another flavor, and I noticed a crack. It is vertical, in the middle, from around the intake hole to about 1/2 way up the tank. I have been babying this thing, never dropped it, and am quite surprised. It is not leaking yet, but its only a matter of time.

I guess I will half fill it next time and keep using until it starts to leak.

I have been using ECB with 70%PG/30%VG... Can it be the juice? or is it bad luck.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
What you are probably seeing is a stress crack from manufacturing. Clear nail polish should handle any potential problem. As they wear out, it's a good idea to save the parts, like the inner seal, air tube and outer barrel, for replacements as needed. After all, parts is parts.

SteveI

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
NJ
What you are probably seeing is a stress crack from manufacturing. Clear nail polish should handle any potential problem. As they wear out, it's a good idea to save the parts, like the inner seal, air tube and outer barrel, for replacements as needed. After all, parts is parts.

Stress crack from manufacturing? Not to doubt you, but I woulda/shoulda noticed that.... I hope the clear nail polish works. So far no leaks. On all other points, I still like the vape 10x over cartos, so I will be buying more CE3's... hopefully this first one is an anomoly. Haven't taken any more out yet. Just enjoying what I have for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread