CE3 XL burnt hits I have tried removing liquid-refilling- squeezing the bottom ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocoabellaRSD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Texas
I need help with my CE3 XL. Getting burnt hits like crazy after refilling. Yes I filled it correctly. Filled upside down. I made sure all the bubbles were removed from the syringe before filling the CE3. Filled the CE3
and started vaping. Get burnt hits, constant burnt hits. This is only my 2nd fill on this clearo! I removed the juice.
Then refilled it once again. Making sure not to introduce air into the CE3 as I filled it. Still get burnt hits.
I gently squeezed the CE3 at the bottom close to the battery threading (read on ECF that this will help the burnt hits).
That didn't help. I did dry vapes, not engaging the battery to prime the wick , then did a real vape , that did not help.
Still get burnt hits. I don't know what else to do. This is a new CE3 and I don't want to throw it out.
What can I do to fix this CE3 so it vapes correctly and stop these burnt hits? thanks

cocoabellaRSD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Texas
I've posted info in this thread....link.

No issues here, let us know how it goes.

thanks Skelley- read your post in the other thread. I do leave the bit of space when filling my CE3's.
I withdrew my juice, took it apart, trimmed the wicks. I didn't understand trimming the wicks since
they are already incredibly short but did it anyways. I saw LordDavon trim the wicks in his CE3 review too.
I removed the center post too. Then put it all back together, refilled it yet again. Gave it a squeeze to make
sure any bubbles could escape and vaped it. It is vaping better.
I didn't realize I could rock the whole deal fully assembled and therefore rock the center post.
That is good to know.
Thanks for your reply and help.
this is my 2nd box of CE3's and I love the way the vape when they vape correctly.
I haven't found another clearo that gives this good of a vape.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
thanks Skelley- read your post in the other thread. I do leave the bit of space when filling my CE3's.
I withdrew my juice, took it apart, trimmed the wicks. I didn't understand trimming the wicks since
they are already incredibly short but did it anyways. I saw LordDavon trim the wicks in his CE3 review too.
I removed the center post too. Then put it all back together, refilled it yet again. Gave it a squeeze to make
sure any bubbles could escape and vaped it. It is vaping better.
I didn't realize I could rock the whole deal fully assembled and therefore rock the center post.
That is good to know.
Thanks for your reply and help.
this is my 2nd box of CE3's and I love the way the vape when they vape correctly.
I haven't found another clearo that gives this good of a vape.

I have to admit, I'm a bit skeptical when that LordDavon starting talking, but now I do everything he says. ;) He's my favorite reviewer! :D

Okay, to be a little serious. The issue that keeps happening, is that when I first review a product, they need very little care. In this case, just trimming the wicks was sufficient. But, certain products get popular (Stardust, CE3 XL, etc...), and mass production makes them inconsistent, and needing more care. Now, you basically need a manual on how to handle some of them. I am glad to see that skelley has basically created one. :) Thank you. If you could add it to the comments of my review, it could help a lot of people. I can handle any links in the description section.

As for not finding anything better... have you guys not been watching. ;)

But, certain products get popular (Stardust, CE3 XL, etc...), and mass production makes them inconsistent, and needing more care. Now, you basically need a manual on how to handle some of them. I am glad to see that skelley has basically created one.

I agree wholeheartedly! Having used these for a spell, I am starting to notice a difference in QC, for now it seems minor but still there.
Thanks for manual note, just trying to help everyone get the best vape for their money :)
I just subscribed to your channel, nice work you have going on!
I watched the VV Gripper review and now I must have one! I have 3 different LT's and I am so over them it isn't funny, but I'm a VV guy all the way.
I'm gonna check out some of your other vids.....but I gotta ask....what's your favorite clearo to date? :pop:

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
I agree wholeheartedly! Having used these for a spell, I am starting to notice a difference in QC, for now it seems minor but still there.
Thanks for manual note, just trying to help everyone get the best vape for their money :)
I just subscribed to your channel, nice work you have going on!
I watched the VV Gripper review and now I must have one! I have 3 different LT's and I am so over them it isn't funny, but I'm a VV guy all the way.
I'm gonna check out some of your other vids.....but I gotta ask....what's your favorite clearo to date? :pop:

I was in love with the ESCO E1, but the latest revision of the Kanger T2 has me in awe. Their bottom coil T0 is a good second.

cocoabellaRSD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Texas
I was in love with the ESCO E1, but the latest revision of the Kanger T2 has me in awe. Their bottom coil T0 is a good second.

I saw ur video review of the Kanger T2. U got me wanting one to try it out.

I have been waiting for the mini novas at DV. ( I know they have arrived - now waiting on the coils so I can order
2gether)
Was it you that touched on the fact of these devices (T2, Vision 2.0 Mini Vivi) all sharing the same replacement coil
and therefore they would basically vape in similar quality?
That being said, what do you think wins between the mini vivi and the Kanger T2 ? Is there are clear winner?
What has put me off everytime I look at and consider the Kanger T2, is how much it resembles the Stardust. I didn't get
on well with those Stardusts. I did the early versions of Stardust. Those were some nasty hits.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
I saw ur video review of the Kanger T2. U got me wanting one to try it out.

I have been waiting for the mini novas at DV. ( I know they have arrived - now waiting on the coils so I can order
2gether)
Was it you that touched on the fact of these devices (T2, Vision 2.0 Mini Vivi) all sharing the same replacement coil
and therefore they would basically vape in similar quality?
That being said, what do you think wins between the mini vivi and the Kanger T2 ? Is there are clear winner?
What has put me off everytime I look at and consider the Kanger T2, is how much it resembles the Stardust. I didn't get
on well with those Stardusts. I did the early versions of Stardust. Those were some nasty hits.

The Vivi Nova, some Mini Vivis, and the Vision eGo 2.0 use the same coil. The Kanger T2 doesn't use the same coil head as those do, an to me, it outpaces them in performance. It is most likely because it has a much looser draw, and better wicking.

exodus454

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2011
Western Connecticut
I just wanted to comment on this - I just came across this thread while having wicking issues with my CE3 XLs. I was having problems with these things leaking like crazy, which I solved by cutting some white "mouthpieces" (from 510 cartos) in half and placing them uncut side down over the silicone gasket. This solved ALL my leaking issues, which I'm ecstatic about. I'm guessing these things leak air through the tiny fill hole which breaks the vacuum.

Anyway, that also brought with it the issue of it not wicking properly since the flow was choked off. Now that I realize you can rock the whole center post to open up the holes for the wicks, these things have become leak-free vaping machines! No more dry or wet hits, although they're eating through juice now which is good. Right now I'm running 100% VG Boba's Bounty with almost perfect consistency.

I'm gunna try trimming the wicks on one of mine too and see if that makes a difference too. I'm just skeptical of doing that to mine because none of the wicks on mine are alike. Some are longer, some are shorter, some are more frayed and all over the place while others are tighter. I guess I'll play with it.

If anyone is having leaking issues though, I suggest you try the carto mouthpiece!

Glad you got it sorted exodus454 and thanks for the info.
I know what you mean about the wicks, when I first started using these back in April, there was more consistency in the wicks.
Like LD said, once they get popular and production rates increase, there seems to be some QC issues.
I have some wicks that need a lot trimmed off and others I don't dare cut. Just take a look and go from there.
One main point....don't let your friends pry the top seal out by using the fill hole ;)

Yup exodus454, I just got 1 out of a pack that I recently opened.
I use a dental pick and spread out the coil ever so slightly and gently...it fixed the hot spot.
I was then able to get that pick under the center part of the coil and lifted up slightly also. This step was just something extra that I wanted to try.
The coil wires are glued to the bottom side of the ceramic cup, so you don't have to worry about pulling the coil out.

exodus454

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2011
Western Connecticut
I tried separating them, they were too tightly packed together unfortunately.

I think I'm going to take the opportunity and try this -
CE3 xl / phoenix atty rebuild tutorial - Vapers Forum

Most of my issues with these are how the coils and wicks are made, so I figure I can probably do better than an assembly line can!

I'm also curious if you can somehow slip one of these in a tank too.

Last edited:
I've snapped coils off their wires! And a number I've tried to dry burn & they aren't even approaching dry yet & they fry. *sniffle* No more clearo! I wanna try recoiling/rewicking them. :) (yes yes, I know they're only $2 each! ;)) Just gotta go get the equipment now.

I'll ask y'all, since you seem knowledgable on the subject of purchasing these; should I ask for a replacement from my vendor for DOAs? I just got my first one, but I didn't know if I could/should ask, since it's not like I wanna send the whole 5pk back for a replacement! I think I got 'em from vapors-choice...

I also think if I try cleaning them sooner, I might nix the 'frying the coil' issue (by getting crud off 'em before it builds up too much). So that's my new plan. :)

ETA: exodus, I've heard of people using these in bigger tanks. Not exactly sure how, though. there's some info around, though!!

I have tanked mine and I've had mixed results.
I drilled small holes right at the wicks, big mistake. When the tank was full, it was ok, but leaked like crazy once it got so low.
I then placed the holes right above the center post shoulder and this worked better.
The problems with tanks is pressure & vacuum. Sometimes my tank creates a large vacuum and I loosen the thumb screw to get the juice flowing again. Then it seemed as though there was to much pressure and I would get leaks.
That's the best I can explain it, give it a try and see how it goes.

I would ask for a replacement of a DOA device. Check their site and see what their policy is for returns.
I would be happy with store credit even, but that's just me.
When it comes to car parts, my local AutoZone doesn't accept returns on electrical parts, so nothing surprises me anymore.

These CE3's are also my fav. dripping atty. I have a few that I have cut down, but you need a drip tip as they get hot.
I also use them without cutting, but they will get condensation inside the long tube.
Since I have this habit of flooding attys, I use a sealed 510-510 adapter as added protection to keep juice out of my PV.
Give them a try, they rock the flavor this way.

Last edited:
It looks like they are making a tank version. Suppose to use the same design but metal carto.
LD's vid....here.
Some cool new items are coming out and the tank is shown again around the 1:30 mark....here.

I promised myself not to get back in that rat race line, but dag gum it, some very cool looking devices.
We'll just have to see how they vape ;)

Any update on the tank LD?

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
It looks like they are making a tank version. Suppose to use the same design but metal carto.
LD's vid....here.
Some cool new items are coming out and the tank is shown again around the 1:30 mark....here.

I promised myself not to get back in that rat race line, but dag gum it, some very cool looking devices.
We'll just have to see how they vape ;)

Any update on the tank LD?

Last I heard, they are "in the air". So, maybe this week. I will ping GV, and see what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread