CE3's: Am I doing it wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rothman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2010
Aviano, Italy
Good idea Bravo. I'm still waiting on mine. I think it's strange how we spend our hard earned money on these things and still have to modify them in order to get them to fuction correctly but, I guess it's all a part of the process of ecig evolution. CE2s never came around to what I thought they could have been but the CE3s have given me hope again.

Cyclin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
California
Just a couple things I have found that work for me when using CE3s:
Reinserting the wick is a pain, but lick your fingers and twist the end of
the wick. This will moisten it just enough to stick the frayed fibers together.
When inserting the wick into the tank, twist the tank. It's uses the twist of the
wick like a screw, pulling it into the tank.
As mentioned before the leaking is a big issue! Even after using the condom method, i still find leaking an issue.There are 3 holes on the bottom of the tank, one for the wick, one for the vapor exit and another I'm assuming for tank pressure equalization. Buy yourself an eyeglass repair kit, like $2. Force/screw one of the micro screws into that third hole. The tank will still equalize itself from around the wick. 2 weeks now and not a single leak. Put the condom on the battery side, remove the bung, fill to your liking, replace bung, remove condom and vape away! Hope this helps.

Good Idea! I am going to try this today after lunch. Will post back with my experiences

Rothman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2010
Aviano, Italy
Got them in the mail today and I am absolutely blown away! These taste 100% exactly like dripping and trust me, I have tried everything out there and nothing even comes close except for these babies. I ran clean through two complete fills in the past 8 hours and I could not have hoped for a better vape. For the people I've seen in vids complaining about how hard they are to fill, they must have never tried a CE2. These things are cake to fill. I did notice the liquid buildup at the top but I never even stopped to clean it out. I never got liquid in my mouth and it never became more than half filled up top. I also noticed that once the carto is half empty it wicks faster and vapes a little better just like has been said before. Also, there have been a few times where I had to clean up some liquid coming out of the air holes at the atty connector. Not too much but enough to be a little aggrivating. I attribute this to the faster wicking at the halfway mark. These may have just made my atty stash obsolete. I hope they continue to work this well and that the company keeps making thes bad boys.

bluegrasslover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Willow Spring, NC
Ok, earlier in this thread I said I never had a problem with leaking. Out of the around 25 of these things I've used I filled one the other day and it poured out the bottom. So I know what ya'll are saying now. I would think that maybe the wick wasn't fitting right but it worked just fine after filling. I guess I've had good luck thus far. I still love them.

Vidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah I'm still using the CE3's ( now with my provari ) and they leak like a sieve. I'm constantly wiping juice out of the little catcher ring.

But I get good vapor from them for three to four days so I'll continue to use them until I upgrade to a proper tank.

My wife says her CE3's barely leak at all on her eGo. I don't get it. We're taking them from the same box. LOL

pyro13g

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
NE Ohio
Yeah I'm still using the CE3's ( now with my provari ) and they leak like a sieve. I'm constantly wiping juice out of the little catcher ring.

But I get good vapor from them for three to four days so I'll continue to use them until I upgrade to a proper tank.

My wife says her CE3's barely leak at all on her eGo. I don't get it. We're taking them from the same box. LOL

There's got to be another variable. Juice contents, small flaw, etc. My DIY R4 rarely condensates in the mouth end. I made a juice with PGA in it and it filled every handful of hits. In the same CE3. Another one does it no matter what's in it. I think that one has a small crack near the fill hole.

I wouldn't mess with the vent hole unless it's leaking out of the battery and. Otherwise, it's not going to wick right, or wick slower. I just started making my own tanks for the boatload of Boge I have. Granted there is no cup to pool in, it just goes back into the wicking, but I see other related issues surrounding venting the tank. Too much, it floods, to little get's to dry, filling through seals with needle ruins them, looser seals leak. So, I decided on a fill hole with a thumb screw and O-ring to also use as a manual vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread