Status
Not open for further replies.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
I was sent a Hygia tank by Cerevape tech for review a few months ago.

The tank was bored well, crush proof packaging and attractive label, so I knew exactly what I had inside.
At first, it looked like every other tank on the market in a nice package. However, what came inside was VERY different!

This is new technology to the vaping market. The coil is wrapped around a hollow peice if ceramic. Honestly, I wasn't sure how this would work at first. I've heard of people using quartz as a wick and that puzzled me equally.
The tank came in a stainless steel with several air flow control settings. Just turn the dial at the bottom to adjust the airflow. I like that this adjustment is "clicky". I don't have to worry about it spinning on its own.
The tank itself is Pyrex glass, so that assures me a clean taste as long as the coil is clean. Plastic tanks tend to hang on to prior flavors, so glass has always been my personal preference. The tanks drip tip is a standard 510 size, clean machining and average sized hole for air. The coils screw in the bottom of the tank, then into the chimney, which tightens the top /bottom stainless peices together. Machining on the threads and for grip is both nicely done. I didn't notice machine oil in the tank, but I did wash it before filing, as I always do. The coil itself looks alot like you would expect, a metal cylinder and and inside you see wore wrapped around the ceramic wick. This is a horizontal build, and through the wicking holes, you can see through the center of the ceramic wick. Very cool!
As far as the wire used, it APPEARS to use resistance /non resistance wire (R/NR), as I *think* I see weld spots. I haven't gotten word back yet from Cerevape on if this is correct, though.

The tank I received is the full size, 22mm tank and sits flush with my mods.

So, how does it VAPE?!?!

I will judge this in a simple manner. Quality of overall vape, wicking performance, and flavor. All else seems too subjective for a review of the product itself.

Let's start with flavor. 10 out of 10. Hands down, ceramic gives the full flavor of the liquid without compromising anything. There is no "fresh cotton" flavor to be worked out because there is no cotton. It's straight flavor, right away. Every juice I used from 50/50 vg/pg to 100%vg tasted as good or better than my other tank setups, even RDAs.

Wicking performance for ME, was a little rocky. I've spoken to a representative of Cerevape and I heard they have made adjustments to the coils since I was sent mine, so I cannot speak for the current coils. What I mean by a rocky experience, is that I would get 2 or 3 GREAT, I mean WONDERFUL, flavorful, fresh and crisp poofs before I got the dreaded dry hit... And for those that have never used a ceramic wick, a dry ceramic wick is just as bad, if not worse than a dry cotton hit. Lol... However, my experience was rocky for what I believe is two reasons. 1.im not sure the wire size could handle the power or 2. It's not meant to be vaped with higher VG juice. It's a tank, with pre-built coils, so most people that use this product will likely be using a 50/50 mix and not likely a thick, 100%VG mix. So, maybe I shouldn't have included the all VG juice in my review but I do believe that it's something a potential buyer should know so they can choose a product for how they vape and I DID test it so I also like to review all my data with the tank.

From what I've heard, they HAVE REBUILT these coils to handle more power, so I imagine this issue has been resolved. If so, I really wouldn't have anything bad to day about this tank. This portion gets a 5 from me. It was half a beautiful experience and half burnt.

As for overall performance, I'm going to have to take away some major points for those dry hits I got, as those LITERALLY left a bad taste in my mouth.

As far as Cerevape goes, this company has been absolutely wonderful as far as contact, support and listening to reviewers. They saw we had issues with wicking and wanting to use at 15 to 20 watts and they remade the coils to handle that. They seem to really listen to what consumers want, while offering an innovative product/design. I am excited to have been able to test this product, because I actually think they're on to something. For those worried about ceramic coming apart, I NEVER noticed the ceramic change. The coil got gunky, yes, the ceramic changed color a bit and I could wash and reuse these coils for a month before having to change it out. Even that, it was for personal preference because the coil never broke. However, the ceramic used is SOLID. And, never once changed shape. I hope this clears up and confusion, as this is NOT a ceramic material/paper wick. This IS SOLID CERAMIC wick, in a form if a small tube, horizontal coil around it, and in the metal casing like all other pre-built coils. It's new guys, and it's really cool!

I need to fix spelling errors. I see one. I will proof read and email to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread