Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
For me it is along these lines:

Rand:
"I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind--and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression."

And she was not the only one who looked at it along those lines:

"Sherlock Holmes sat silent for a few minutes with his finger tips still pressed together, his legs stretched out in front of him and his gaze directed upwards to the ceiling. Then he took down from the rack the old and oily clay pipe , which was to him as a counselor, and, having it, he leaned back in his chair, with the thick blue cloud-wreaths spinning up from him, and a look of infinite languor in his face."

Holmes again, to Watson:
"It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes."

Or, we can remember the case in which Holmes needed a pound of the strongest shag tobacco to resolve the problem and stayed alone all the day smoking, and Watson found him in a sort of trance, in a room that "was so filled with the smoke that the light of the lamp upon the table was blurred by it and my first impression as I opened the door was that a fire has broken out".

It's why I smoked and why I vape. Good observation on your part, imo.

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
I don't chain vape as much as I did in the first week after I upgraded from Blu to EGo. However it's absolutely been proven that Nicotine use, especially extended nicotine use, increases the cognitive abilities including memory, concentration, reflexes, visual acuity, etc etc. It's not as effective at this as some stimulants are, but it works. If I'm reading or playing a video game, or anything that requires a lot of focus and concentration (like working with tiny electronics) I do tend to vape a lot.

Kelsey

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
LAKE ARIEL, PENNSYLVANIA
hahah I chain smoked when I painted, studies, talked on the phone, drove...basically I was a full time chain smoker. Obviously, I tend to chain vape too, but since theres so much more nicotine, I'm not as bad with it. I'm a college student as well, and I have a hard time enjoying things in moderation, lol. It's the pits. At least it's vapor and not smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread