Hi Everyone! (Intro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lethalweapon

Mar 23, 2012
Canada
Hi everyone!

Been creeping for a while since my friend told me that he'd been secretly enjoying the pleasures of e-cigs! I'm a college student from Vancouver with ADHD. I started with analogs when I was in high school. I've never reached a point where I smoked more than about half a pack a day and in recent months, I've been able to completely control my smoking of analogs (for the most part). I started smoking mostly because of peer pressure, it's coolness and the "help" that I found it gave me when it came to concentrating/studying. I stopped smoking because I have always had athletic pursuits and at one point my cardio/fitness was really suffering.

I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences in terms of nicotine's ability to help with focus for people with ADHD or just concentration issues. My understanding of my condition is that it can be helped using external stimulants (such as ritalin, adderall etc...however those have side effects varying in severity for different people). I suspect that nicotine could also be a stimulant for my purposes. Anyone else have any experiences with nicotine's positive mental/physical benefits?

Thanks in advance!

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Welcome to the ECF. Lots of info here.

I recommend Wikipedia as a quick source of general info. The Forum is loaded with info and many threads have info on this.

Yes it does improve concentration in most people, as well as many other things. What I have found is more 'good' than 'bad', but not the same in everyone.

Enjoy!

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Welcome to ECF. I am sure you will find lots of info and opinions helpful in this forum.

Glad to have ya!

HAHAHA! I love the photo, although it took me a while to figure out the scenario.

You, my friend, are an anarchist! Good on you, Shame on them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread