Not open for further replies.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
Due to recent complaints and failure by members to exercise prudent judgement on the acceptability of pictures posted on ECF, we have been placed in a position that requires us to make a rule change on pictures.

Posting photos or pictures that some may find offensive or unacceptable is not permitted. Naked or semi-naked pictures of people are not permitted. As matters of taste cannot have a hard definition, Moderators will determine what is or is not acceptable - if you are unsure, then do not post the material.

While the terms of service and forum rules do not require us to justify this change, I will explain it because it is a big change.

The mission of ECF has always been to be "the" e-cigarette resource and to project a public image that does not harm vaping or cast it in a negative light. In order to accomplish this goal, ECF needs to be "family friendly" and "safe for work". In the end, the threads of softcore and erotica photos tend to degenerate and take up mod time cleaning up after the folks that can't seem to restrain themselves within the parameters of good taste and the forum rules.

While I am far from a prude I do realize that allowing this trend to continue is not going to help ECF in it's mission. The Site Manager and the entire admin staff have had an extensive discussion over this change and in the end it was decided that this change is one that is mandatory for ECF, though it will assuredly be an unpopular decision. In the end you have to remember that this is the E-Cigarette Forum, not the Beefcake Photo forum or Babe of the Day forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread