Changing E-Liquid on SMOK AL85

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstNoele

Oct 10, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
I'm an absolute beginner with vaping. The 2 e-liquid flavors that I started with are beginning to bore me. Over the weekend, I've ordered some more interesting flavors and as soon as they arrive, I'll want to switch to the new ones.
I've read cautions about not letting the liquid level drop too low. My basic questions is: How do I safely change the e-liquid on my SMOK AL85, without mixing the flavors too much?

Reactions: Trigster

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Bombastinator, thanks for your quick response.
I only knew that I needed to swivel the mouthpiece counter clockwise in order to fill liquid, using that little crescent opening. How do I remove the mouthpiece assembly, so that I can pour out the current liquid?
Remove the tank from the mod to access the bottom. Unscrew the bottom like you’re removing the coil and dump it out.

adept1

Verified Member
Sep 17, 2017
I'm an absolute beginner with vaping. The 2 e-liquid flavors that I started with are beginning to bore me. Over the weekend, I've ordered some more interesting flavors and as soon as they arrive, I'll want to switch to the new ones.
I've read cautions about not letting the liquid level drop too low. My basic questions is: How do I safely change the E-Liquid on my SMOK AL85, without mixing the flavors too much?

Remove the atomizer, flip it so it's upside down (you can do this with juice inside), and then unscrew the base. Now you can pour the unused liquid back into the bottle from whence it came.

Reassemble the tank (tight, but not too tight or you'll crack the glass), and fill 'er up with the new juice. Of course it will take some time for the new flavor to take over.

Last edited:

FirstNoele

Oct 10, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
If you bought a genuine AL85 kit, this (TFV8 Baby Beast) is the only tank it comes with.
upload_2017-10-10_7-45-10.png
You're right! I just have a different color.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I've read cautions about not letting the liquid level drop too low. My basic questions is: How do I safely change the E-Liquid on my SMOK AL85, without mixing the flavors too much?
Welcome and glad you joined.
I too become bored with flavors after awhile. Some folks buy several tanks to switch flavors which may work (still limiting and expensive) for some. I like RDA's because they can be cleaned (quick water rinsed) and re wicked in minutes with no previous "last vape tastes". Portability can be managed with no leaks with a little common sense.
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
2015: The Art of the Drip – A Dripping Primer
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
What is an Atomizer? E-Cig Terminology Simplified
Rebuildable Tanks Explained: RBAs vs RDAs vs RTAs vs RDTAs
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
I Love my RDA

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
HI and welcome. Back when I was using pre-fab coils, I changed flavors all the time. Just empty the tank and refill with the next flavor. It does taste "interesting" until the new flavor overtakes the old, but that's part of the charm.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
HI and welcome. Back when I was using pre-fab coils, I changed flavors all the time. Just empty the tank and refill with the next flavor. It does taste "interesting" until the new flavor overtakes the old, but that's part of the charm.

Hello & Welcome...I too simply drain the tank and re-fill with the new flavor...It'll take a bit for the new flavor to kick in but it should be AOK unless the flavors are drastically different...Trig

Amen. However, once a mint/menthol wick... always a mint/menthol wick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread