Changing eVic VT Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartianVape

Jul 12, 2015
Ok, so I am fairly new to vaping. I own an e evic vt. My question is other then tasting burnt, how do I know when to change the coil. For instance ive noticed that after ive had a coil in for a week or so my mod will get really warm and ill get less vapor but there is no burnt taste. I'm also curious as to whether I can clean the coil. Ive cleaned the ego one mega tank several times but ive always just replaced the coil if it starts to taste bad. At this rate its costing me 5 or 10 dollars per week. So if it is possible to clean the coils on these id really appreciate a little info on how to do this. Also if anyone has any pointers on general maintenance id love to hear them. Thanks!

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
If it doesn't taste burnt, I'd say keep the coil in service until it does.

Also consider using the CL-R heads... you can just dryburn and rewick them every couple of days and replace the coil inside every couple of weeks... for a fraction of the cost of prebuilt coils.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
With nickel coils and temp control, there technically isn't any burnt hits. What I have noticed is that even with no burnt taste, when the coil gets too gunked up, the vapor production drops off. So once the vape starts to produce less and less vapor, that is the clear sign to me that the coil needs replacing.

And with nickel coils, dry burning isn't possible since temp control will kick on well before the coil heats up to the point where it begins to glow.

Reactions: MartianVape

MartianVape

Jul 12, 2015
I need some reccomendations from people who may have the evic vt to see what works best for them. I'd like to learn how to rebuild coils I am sure if I look around enough I could find some info but if anyone has a coil rebuilding tutorial for a tank that fits my mod
that would be awesome. May try the Atlantis
*Edit* I just spoke to the guy at my local brick and mortar store and he said most tanks will not support VT on my mod. He also said I should check out rebuilding nickel coils on YouTube and that should be sufficient. Does that sound like good advice or was he just trying to brush me off

Last edited:

MartianVape

Jul 12, 2015
If it doesn't taste burnt, I'd say keep the coil in service until it does.

Also consider using the CL-R heads... you can just dryburn and rewick them every couple of days and replace the coil inside every couple of weeks... for a fraction of the cost of prebuilt coils.
Great idea! I found a pack of 5 CL-R coils for $13.99 I also found a tutorial on rebuilding them. Now I just have to find a good supplier
of cotton and nickel. I apologize to everyone for all the random thoughts I am just slightly overwhelmed. Thank You Cloudmann for the great advice

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
The wick can get gunked up from juice, which will lower the capability to wick. Get you a box or two of coils and use one for a few days, then chuck it in an empty juice bottle filled with pure grain alcohol and all the other coils being soaked clean. Rinse well with hot water and let dry on a paper towel overnight before reinstalling it.

RevQ3

Jun 28, 2014
Munster, Indiana
I need some reccomendations from people who may have the evic vt to see what works best for them. I'd like to learn how to rebuild coils I am sure if I look around enough I could find some info but if anyone has a coil rebuilding tutorial for a tank that fits my mod
*Edit* I just spoke to the guy at my local brick and mortar store and he said most tanks will not support VT on my mod. He also said I should check out rebuilding nickel coils on YouTube and that should be sufficient. Does that sound like good advice or was he just trying to brush me off
I don't know about any of that. I do know that I just put on the Kangertech Sub ohm mini tank or some such name and bought nickel coils. It also comes with a rebuild deck when you buy it. So, you have options with the tank. It works great on my Evic VT. In fact, I love it. I also have a Triton by Aspire and they are supposed to be releasing Nickel coils for it. In the same breath, I don't really mind the Ego tank that comes with it, though. From what I hear everyone is going to make temp control coils pretty soon. So, I think the guy may be brushing you off. But, I'm a Noob too... So take it for what it's worth...

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
The guy at your local brick and mortar is wrong. I'm using an Atlantis 2 on the evic-VT with the Vaporshark Atlantis nickel coils and it works fine (they run around $21-23 for a 5 pack). These coils last what seems like forever. I've been using the same coil for over 3 weeks now. I've also used the cheaper vAir-T nickel coils for the Atlantis and they work fine (they run around $10 for a 5 pack), although they don't last as long. The longest I've had one last is 2 weeks, and I've also had one that lasted only 4 days. I'm also using these same coils in the Triton.

josh w

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
michigan
I'm currently running my Atlantis tank on my vt bat. It's working great. Soon I'll be running my Atlantis v2 on it. I'm getting anxious as always when I'm waiting for something new. I will probably explore more with the temp side down the road, but I think I'll explore options and take my time on making a decision. I did like the temp vaping though. Never got a dry hit. Just need to find a better tank.:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread