Charger trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

skoot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Colorado
OK, I'm really ...... at joyetech. Yes, I'm having a nic fit. I opened up the charger and found terrible design flaws in the construction. It fell apart because it was assembled incorrectly, but also because the design calls for soldering a 24 gauge wire to the nut you attach the battery to. Now, anyone who has ever soldered can tell you that it's very difficult to solder a thin wire to a huge fracking nickel-plated nut without creating a cold solder. And that's what happened, in addition to the whole mount rotating when you screw a battery in. Pretty obvious that design choices were made to decrease cost, and yeah, here I am ready to climb the walls because there were too cheap to do it at least half right.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sadly, that's the way it goes with this Chinese-made crud, skoot. I've learned to have backups of backups of backups. When I was mostly using eGo-type fat-batts, I had six -- count 'em, six -- chargers for "just in case." Now that I'm mostly into the light-saber sized APVs, I have three battery chargers.

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
Have you contacted your supplier? #1 - they should be aware of the fact the charger malfunctioned. #2 - A charger should last more than a few days. See if they will replace or refund it. Sorry this happened to you. Hang in there. As others have mentioned, a back up for your back up is a good plan of attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread