charging overnight (unattended)

Status
Not open for further replies.

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Everything we do has a risk..whether it be driving the car, walking across the street, closing a door, trimming a bush, eating and swallowing food, drinking water, vaping ecigs, etc....last think I'm going to do is worry about any of them or an ecig battery and charger....we don't live in a bubble and can't worry about everything or stop everything...lightening could strike me when I'm holding the battery too, so should I now wear insulated gloves when I vape?...use a lil common sense, but don't make major issues when there is none..anything is possible to anybody at anytime..look at the probability not the possibility..there's no right or wrong, do whatever makes you feel more comfortable, and be aware of both possibilities and probabilities..

its like, should I go unplug the TV, refrigerator, microwave, stove, furnace, water heater, AC unit, cell phones, cordless phones, router, printer, and throw off circuit breakers every nite too.....just in case, there's a short or a power surge?...do what makes ya feel right..

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I too am guilty of overnight charging and honestly its just a poor habit I got into... there is no reason I couldn't do my swap when I get home from work as my batteries will generally get me all day. I do likely carry a false sense of security with a xtar vp1 and panasonic batteries but as others have said we assume alot of risks throughout the day. I think given its mention I will adjust my charging time. Although my panny 3400mahs can take quite some time charging at 250mah depending on low low I discharge them

You can charge those at 500 mA with no issues.

You can charge those at 500 mA with no issues.

Yea I'm well aware but it defaults to 250 and I would much rather put the least amount of stress I can on the batteries. I will use the 500 or 1a settings if I forget to charge them or need them charged for a trip etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
I've been really scared of batteries since years ago, when I had a camera battery overheat on a smart charger. It was an expensive battery on an expensive charger. Both were made to keep you safe. Luckily, I caught it and put it outside before anything happened.

I only charge while I am there, and I feel the battery every 10 minutes or so to see if it feels cool. I charge on a ceramic tile countertop, then let the battery sit for a few hours off the charger before using it, but I really want to get one of those bags. If a burning battery went off like a rocket, the countertop wouldn't help much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread