Charlie gives his thoughts on the new ROTA pod by Voopoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Ok guys this is my review concerning the ROTA pod system by Voopoo which I received as a gift for helping Voopoo with some social media video diffusion.

I am going to give a fair and honest review as always...if it isn't any good i'll say so!!

Ok so lets start with a picture of the device.... ''ROTA by Voopoo
20190127_114830.jpg

This is a really nice feeling device in the hand and very compact. It will easily disappear if you close your palm. It features 2 parts..the battery element which is 340 mah, the refillable pod, and a charging USB. Of course it also comes with a warranty card and manual which is easy to understand. Picture below..
20190127_114532.jpg

To start using the ROTA you simply charge via USB, fill the pod, push the pod into the battery and inhale through the mouse piece.

The pod fills via a rubber plug on its base and is completely leak proof. I have had absolutely zero leaking issues in the last month. It is activated by inhalation so the coil detects your inhalation and fires up to produce the vapour.

The battery part of the device comes with a built in fidget spinner which i definitely give a plus because having something to fiddle with is definitely a bonus when you're first giving up the cancer sticks. It will probably appeal to some and not others but I don't think its necessarily a young person's thing!! After all i'm 50+ and I like it. However I would like to note at this point that the spinner is not balanced properly and although it does spin well if you make it you can feel the wobbling through your hand. This will probably be a con for anybody who likes the other spinners on the market which are almost perpetual!!

At this stage the pod is not rebuildable ie, you can't rebuild or change the coil which is a con but the coils are lasting very well for my limited use experience. Charging is pretty fast for the 340 mah battery. In my experience it charges to full in about an hour and fifteen. This was using a mobile phone fast charger which I would recommend.

The vape is nice on this pod. Not too tight and not too loose. I was very surprised by the amount of vapour produced also...a long drag can have a minor cloud going but equally this device is great for a stealth vape. In fact I feel that most pods are best used with a high mg salt nic liquid for puffing on less than usual in those difficult to vape situations that we all encounter. It works best with a 50/50 vg/pg mix. I've tried with a 70/30 and although it works I would not guarantee the longevity of the coils and the vapour production is not so good.
20190127_114712.jpg

20190127_114440.jpg

20190127_114750.jpg

20190127_114924.jpg

Conclusion

This is another good product which we are coming to expect from Voopoo. They make their mods, RDA's and Pod's with quality in mind and certainly I was impressed with the quality feel of the ROTA. It charges easily and quickly. It vapes really well. It is very small but solid feeling and you can fidget with it when you're not vaping. Do I recommend the ROTA?? Well, yes absolutely a fine product in the saturated pod market which will probably sell well, especially for the customer who is looking to give up smoking...something which I would he wholeheartedly recommend to all smokers.

Thanks for reading and until the next one...Charles :)

Attachments

• 20190127_114805.jpg
    20190127_114805.jpg
    779.4 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread