Charred/melted/overheating 14250 batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiWok

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Washington State
Had a scary situation this morning and wanted to see if anyone had an ideas on what happened. I've emailed Innovapor support as well.

This morning while using my Ultra I noticed a burning smell and immediately disassembled my Ultra to find one battery charred and melted and the other got so hot that the plastic label wrapping shrunk about 30%.

14250_burned1.jpg 14250_burned2.jpg

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Had a scary situation this morning and wanted to see if anyone had an ideas on what happened. I've emailed Innovapor support as well.

This morning while using my Ultra I noticed a burning smell and immediately disassembled my Ultra to find one battery charred and melted and the other got so hot that the plastic label wrapping shrunk about 30%.

View attachment 48388 View attachment 48389

Wow, the only thing I can think of is that battery must be a faulty one. I'll get one sent out to you immediately if we haven't already.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Many thanks for the excellent customer service. New battery received and is working great.

I have 6 of the 14250 and all of the others perform well with no similar issues.

No problem. That must have just been a bunk battery. Good to know you got your replacement and they are all working good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread