Chasing Clouds Of Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
Hello Vapers, I'm new here as well as to vapeing, I'm a former cigar smoker and loved it, But decided it's not worth my health or my life, So I turned to vapeing, 3 weeks in now and I'm having a good go of it, I miss the flavor, But I know I will find good flavors when my sense of smell and taste recover from years of analog smoking damage, Guess what I worry most about is finding huge lung fulls of um, Vapor, yummy thick vapor, Like I said I loved cigars, Or should I say the feeling, taste and sensation of them, Right now I'm vapeing pure (Or as close to pure as it comes) VG based juices with 24mg of nic, doing good with throat hit and with 24mg there are no issues with nicotine... But I'm really missing the heat and lung hits... Just not sure if it can be done...

But anyways,

Hello! Nice place ya got here... :thumbs:

GtrSoloist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
USA
Welcome to ECF Zombie, sounds like you hit the ground running and are off to a good start!

What ecig equipment are you using? I'm sure by changing up your equipment and juices as time goes on that you can probably get closer to the feelings and taste that you want. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask... there are lots of helpful people running around ECF.

Congrats on making the switch!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You'll be able to get pretty good vapor production with the Ego Twists. Possibly even more with the Provari. But as you noted, vapor production is mostly to do with the top end of things, the juice delivery device.

Juice Delivery Devices

When you start chasing clouds of vapor, other things such as flavor diminish. You seem to be aware of that so I won't go into more detail.

Lower resistance coils make more heat and do it faster to vaporize the coils = more vapor. So you may want to look into a LR replacement head for your Protanks and Davide. Dual coils are two heating coils working together to make more vapor. The Innokin iClear 16 & 30 clearomizers both use dual coils. Smoktech makes an super-large dual coil low resistance cartomizer which holds 4.5 ml of juice, which make a lot of vapor.

iClear30.jpg xxxxldualcoilcartomizer.jpg

Vg percentage generally has a lot to do with vapor production, and you are already using all-Vg liquids. Higher voltage can also increase vapor, and you have a Provari on the way more capable than the Twists to acheive that.

Just realize there is a diminishing return rule. You can't push a lot of high voltage into a low resistance atomizer without some unpleasant consequences.

For absolutely massive vapor you would have to go the route of a Rebuildable Atomizer or Rebuildable Drip Atomizer (RBA/RDA). However, these should be reserved for experienced and advanced vapors. You can do your research into them now and plan to use them later, however you aren't ready for this setup right now.

Cloud Chasing is Dangerous

Information Resources for Your First RBA

AGA T2 on Provari's.jpg

AGA-T2 rebuildable atomizer tanks on my two Provari

Last edited:

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Nice to find other cigar lovers on the forum. I'm not quitting cigars, I used to smoke in the house regularly and wanted to stop that part of it, and switched to vapor for in the house, still smoke the occasional cigar out of the house.

Anyway, I'm using an evic and kanger tanks (protanks, evods and mt3s) really like the look, performance and simplicity of the kangers. Not to mention my whole family is vaping at this point and rebuilding the coils seems easy.

Now, the clouds! I want the clouds too! I'm not sure if it's possible to get those massive vapor clouds with an evic? Seems like the people getting those huge clouds are all running mechanical mods?

Is it worth investing in a rebuildable (ithaka, rsst, genesis, etc) worth it without changing battery mods?

Again to the OP, glad to see other cigar guys here...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Now, the clouds! I want the clouds too! I'm not sure if it's possible to get those massive vapor clouds with an evic? Seems like the people getting those huge clouds are all running mechanical mods?

Is it worth investing in a rebuildable (ithaka, rsst, genesis, etc) worth it without changing battery mods?

People are using mechanicals because they can bypass the protective circuitry and amp limitations of regulated mods. They do this because they are running sub ohm coils ( < 1.0 ohm) under high amps, which require special IMR batteries which have a continuous discharge rate of at least 20 amps. Even using these powerful high drain batteries they will not get very long battery time, so the massive clouds come at a price of diminishing returns of vapor vs long battery time. Battery Basics for Mods

I personally use a 2.0 ohm coil in my AGA's with my two Provari's and can have an enjoyable vaping experience. However, my experience is you need to be willing to devote time to tinker with the wicks and coils frequently to get them to work at optimum. I've not found these to be as maintance free as a clearomizer or cartotank.

Last edited:

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
Hi Mobile Guy, Yeah don't seem to be many of us cigar guys wandering around, All of the reviews I have watched thus far are all former cigarette smokers, not really touching base on what I like and need from my vape, I have seen a few of the genesis models on the reviews but most seem to be plagued with issues, The Fogger (Not a Genisis) looked promising but I'm still a lil iffy because I'm so new to this all, But I think I understand if I want big clouds of vapor I have to go with RBA's, The RSST looks to be most promising for me as a beginner, and Provari has lots of "Idiot Proofing" built in LOL, so maybe I won't be so apt to burn the house down, But I'm going to order some devices to check the ohms and for shorts, less risk to my device that way, well if you don't see me again you'll know what happened...

:vapor::evil: LOL

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
Was going to say something but Baditude covered all the bases! :toast:

You can still build standard resistance coils in your RDA/RBA and get pretty huge clouds. On a freshly charged 18650 @ 6.5W, 1.3Ω micro coil, the TH is so intense I feel the need to lower the wattage to 5W. Plenty of "yummy thick vapor." ;)

Can't wait to get an Igo-W and build dual micros. Should be banaynays.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
Was going to say something but Baditude covered all the bases! :toast:

You can still build standard resistance coils in your RDA/RBA and get pretty huge clouds. On a freshly charged 18650 @ 6.5W, 1.3Ω micro coil, the TH is so intense I feel the need to lower the wattage to 5W. Plenty of "yummy thick vapor." ;)

Can't wait to get an Igo-W and build dual micros. Should be banaynays.

Oooooow... Yes Yes, Geesh... I forgot all about dual coils... Hmmm, Any suggestion on an easy first time RDA? "maybe I should slow down" Lmao!!!

Oh and hello there Enoch... BTW Thanks!!!

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
There's so many RDAs it's not even funny. Include clones, and you start to wonder what the difference is aside from deck size and quantity of posts.

I'm using a tiny little RDA right now, the Optimus S. It was cheap and it's what I bought. Works well, but little room for working. I can definitely see a larger deck being easier. Another thing that makes it easier is having holes to thread your leads through. Having to wrap the ends around a screw, while perfectly doable, does add some extra fiddling.

As I mentioned earlier, I plan on getting an Igo-W. It's triple post so you can build single, dual, or quad coils on it. Each post has a hole to thread through. Simple phillips screw to tighten it down.

That being said, there's a world of options out there so don't take my word for it. Check out this site for a huge selection of gear on sale, but be aware that quite a few of them are clones (although they state this in the title.) Atomizers | gotsmok.com

Good luck!

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
Hello and welcome. Perhaps given enough posts and request, you can start a recovering cigar smoker's sub-forum ;-)

That would be the best way to find people that are most like you. I used to smoke a pipe, so, to a degree, I get where you are coming from. Thanks to Baditude and wonderful posters like him, I have moved on to cartomizers and tanks. LOVE THEM!!!!! They perform very similarly to the way my pipe did. Might want to have a look. Not expensive at all.

Good luck and have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread