Chi gar kayfun 3.1 clone...FILLING NIGHTMARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cupcakesugars

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So I purchased what was advertised an hcigar kayfun 3.1 clone. I just got it last night (vapemail woo!) and promptly got to YouTube-ing so my set up was proper.

well, there is NOTHING on the bottom, no screw to remove that would expose a fill hole. The only fill hole I have is the one on the bottom where the air flow control is.

I figured, ok no problem, got a syringe out and tried it that way. All that happened was whatever I pushed in came right back out, regurgitated ejuice.

Is this a crap device and I should send it back? Help please!

thank you

SpookyDriver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2014
Crockett, Texas
The only fill hole on a 3.1 is on the side, to the right of the air hole. There is no bottom fill hole like the Kayfun Lite.

You just remove the little screw, hold it upside down, push a blunt bottle tip against the hole (making sure there's a good seal all the way around) and squeeze fluid into it. If you use a needle tip, it will just dribble back out, in my experience. Also, a needle tip can damage the little valve in there.

Last edited:

Maggiemw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Middle East
If you do a google search for Kayfun 3.1 instructions, you will find the PDF in English for it, from the original manufacture. The Hcigar clone works exactly, I mean exactly, the same way. It will explain how to fill from the top, and will help you solve any other questions. Very useful download.

If you've never used one before, the Kayfun does have a little bit of a learning curve to it, but it is a wonderful little guy (I have a bunch, and I'm an old lady). Don't judge it as trash before you learn how to use it and let it strutt its stuff. You'll really enjoy it!

terry.beer.1

Aug 29, 2013
Sandy Hook, VA
I ordered these and all of my headaches went away =) Use the actual fill hole on the Kayfun Clone. It is the Hole on the right. You can not use a regular blunt needle it will damage the one way valve inside. I used to do the top fill method and if you turn the Atty upside down you will notice all the juice runs down in the bottom and there is room in there for aprox. 1.5ml of juice!

apysezu7.jpg
yvu4y2ag.jpg

After I started using these tips on a 3ml syringe I can fill it to it's capacity no air bubbles! Be careful not to overfill it, the juice will squirt out of the chimney down the drip tip and all over your hands :D

Amico Plastic Tapered Pinhead Glue Liquid Dispenser Needle, 20 Gauge, 0.58mm Opening Size, Pink (Pack of 100)
Link: http://amzn.com/B008MLUXOM

Disposable, Sterile, 3 mL, 100/Bx by Syringe
Link: http://amzn.com/B001889SBA

Last edited:

oedo808

Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
OKC, USA
I ordered these and all of my headaches went away =) Use the actual fill hole on the Kayfun Clone. It is the Hole on the right. You can not use a regular blunt needle it will damage the one way valve inside. I used to do the top fill method and if you turn the Atty upside down you will notice all the juice runs down in the bottom and there is room in there for aprox. 1.5ml of juice!

apysezu7.jpg
yvu4y2ag.jpg

After I started using these tips on a 3ml syringe I can fill it to it's capacity no air bubbles! Be careful not to overfill it, the juice will squirt out of the chimney down the drip tip and all over your hands :D

Amico Plastic Tapered Pinhead Glue Liquid Dispenser Needle, 20 Gauge, 0.58mm Opening Size, Pink (Pack of 100)
Link: http://amzn.com/B008MLUXOM

Disposable, Sterile, 3 mL, 100/Bx by Syringe
Link: Amazon.com: Empty Syringes Only , Disposable, Sterile, 3 mL, 100/Bx: Industrial & Scientific

+20 to this post! I purchased these after reading this thinking it would probably be a waste of money but the needles worked like a charm! I poke the needle in with the hole facing down then rotate it up simply because someone mentioned it and finally filled my KF3.1 clone without flooding it! I was only able to minimize the flooding at best with the top fill methods I had read. I've only tried it with 100% VG juice so it should work with everything. And I thought that baring side fill port was going to be a total waste.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread