Child Lock the new trend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brummyjon

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Birmingham, England
Definitely a new regulation. Article 20 of the TPD (tobacco Products Directive).

No one can stop you using the tanks you already have, but manufacturers would be crazy if they ignored new regulations. It's great that products are available now that meet new regulations. It's a sign of a creative, vibrant, evolving industry.
I've planned for this for a while now most of my tanks are rtas

I love my sub ohm tanks but those big ... coils maybe a thing of the past

I hope the juice is easy to manage

My local Brewer will not change what he does unless forced but he is a home Brewer so they won't catch him quick hopefully

What are the rules for juice?

I still don't understand all this[/QUOTE]

Here is a link giving more info. Please note though that the legal challenge referred to FAILED.

Vaper's Support Totally Wicked's Legal Challenge | TPD

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Do vapers really need this feature? at least there must be children around :)
and if they're around, I prefer keep the device away from them..

Kanger-CLTANK-500x500.jpg

cigabuy
365daymall

To me , absolutely not but i don't have kids. Besides cloud blowing is not something i would allow .

Touch daddy's mod, lose a hand .

brummyjon

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Birmingham, England
To all US residents, pay attention to what is happening in the rest of the world. We may end up with something similar in the future.

Almost certainly. But even if that is not the case, Chinese manufacturers would be crazy to ignore the requirements of the European market. It's quite a big market.

Americans don't need to be offended that products are becoming available that they don't yet need to buy. ;)

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Not necessarily weird. The liquid level probably goes up when you screw on the top?

Could also be that they introduced something to take up some of the volume to comply with EU regs, and can be removed for other markets. That way they only produce one product for several markets.
Some firearms manufacturers did that in the US for rifle magazines. Produced same magazine, but introduced a plate to limit capacity. (remove plate, new spring, Trix happy. And perfectly legal).

Romenov

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
I'm all for a leakproof tank - but how realistic is that and still get a good vape? What is the standard to qualify as leakproof?

Those EU regs are wicked and the US is heading over the abyss for vapers.
too many manufactures declared leakproof, wismec target and so, but I don't yet have a really leak proof one, anyone suggest one?

via OnePlus A0001

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2015
I don't remember seeing any child locks on traditional cigarettes.

Cripes, remember when they started requiring those stupid safety dealies on disposable lighters?

I'm imaging geriatric vapers trying to deal with a tank like that and it ain't pretty. Heck, you don't even have to be decrepit - my arthritis (only in my fifties) makes a lot of tanks hard for me to use.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
I don't see the point...
Usa adds "child saftey" to items (pill bottles ect) and later teaches these "children" how to open/use/bypass the nuisance of child saftey.

Bet I can ask any 5yo to open up a meds bottle with child saftey and guaranteed they'd open it no problem.

Smh. More stupidity, blind leading blind

Reactions: Jorychi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread