Chilli heads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy
Naga Bhut Jolokia. Rock on. :)

I heart capsaicin. My daily sauce is Huy Fong sriracha liberally used on all savory foods, but I'll often spike eggs or chili with something truly atomic.

The unfortunate thing is that it's hard to get ahold of truly hot sauces that aren't jacked up with pepper extracts. I can taste enough through the heat to detect whether there is an actual pepper under there, and the ones with a lot of extract don't have any real flavor nuances, just heat.

This is on my wishlist. :D
Which ghost chili sauce are you looking at trying?

Aunt Cranky

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Chicagoland
Total spicy food addict here. One of my absolute favorite treats is REAL giardiniera from Chicago, the stuff that they slather on pizza, Italian beef sandwiches, etc. It's small hot peppers (they call 'em "sport" peppers although I'm not sure what variety they are in reality), mixed with cracked olives, celery, onion, packed in vegetable oil. When you grow up on the stuff and can't GET IT... it makes one sad. (Boston has no idea wtf real giardiniera is).

Anyway, there's a few pretty good wing places in the Boston area. There's this place called Wing It that has a "suicide" Buffalo flavor that's actually just about right for my level of heat - but I don't get them all that often because I'm trying to cut back on fried goodies :)

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
There is a place in Jackson,MS that I believe is called Blazin Wing. My son-in-law is a drill instructor(don't call them drill seargents) in the Marines. He like you think he is tougher than he is. He has a bald head.
We went there is eat and of course he ordered the hottest one they make. We noticed his bald head was completely wet. This was a good laugh.

thomas_mikel

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
Winterfell
What are those like compared to Buffalo Wild Wings Blazin' sauce? I love the Blazin' wings, but I had never heard of the Lube until today.

BW III doesn't make anything hot enough for me to enjoy. Sorry, there is no comparison whatsoever.
Naga Bhut Jolokia.
Which ghost chili sauce are you looking at trying?

I don't want a sauce, I want the pepper itself.

Yes the lube was on man vs food, he did the atomic wings which is my everyday wing of choice. I wish I could eat them everyday, but as said before, the real pain is the next day. lol.

That lethal ingestion stuff looks mighty fine. Should be tasty as well.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I love spicy foods, been known to go shopping with, "would that taste good with hot sauce on it", in my mind. I figure if it doesn't make you sweat, then it isn't hot enough. But, I have run into food which was too hot for me to eat before. A buddy took me to a tavern where they had hot wings in three varieties ... hot, extra hot, and "el scorcho" ... yep, that's what they actually called them. HE ordered me some of the later. I tried, but couldn't handle it. 8-o

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Any capsascium addicts out there?

Just had the triple atomic wings at The Lube last night 500,000 scoville units. I am getting myself ready to take on the ghost chille (Bhut Jolokia).

I LOVE spicy food. And I mean well spicy. I'm a huge Tabasco enthusiast, and as far as I'm concerned, it's hardly even spicy. Dave's Ultimate Insanity is where it's at.

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy
I don't want a sauce, I want the pepper itself.
If you find a good online source for the peppers, do tell. For the fresh ones, seems you'd have to wait for the July-November harvest. The dried flakes I found here, tempted to order.
The seeds are available in a bunch of places, but the soil temperatures required are way too high to try growing them outside here, and may even require a heating mat underneath if I tried growing in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread