"chippy" the atty...the myth...the legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to say thank you all for the condolences if Chippy were here now he'd know what he really meant, and how special he was. The TV stuff could have been overcome I believe in hindsight after seeing this. The next stray subjected to that I will bring to this thread to help it recover.

Last edited:

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
LOL......

I have a few chippies myself. LR-EM5's that have survived my abuse no matter how harsh and continue to live and live each day. They have been bathed in Efferdent, cleaned in vinegar and baking soda, soaked in alcohol and dry burnt within an inch of their lives. Yet they continue to provide sweet vapor day in and out. Other, lesser atty's have come....and gone with better treatment.

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
LOL......

I have a few chippies myself. LR-EM5's that have survived my abuse no matter how harsh and continue to live and live each day. They have been bathed in Efferdent, cleaned in vinegar and baking soda, soaked in alcohol and dry burnt within an inch of their lives. Yet they continue to provide sweet vapor day in and out. Other, lesser atty's have come....and gone with better treatment.

Which works the best? I tried alcohol and mouthwash and ended up with some pretty bad tasting attys.

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
Which works the best? I tried alcohol and mouthwash and ended up with some pretty bad tasting attys.

Really, just running the atty under hot water out of the tap for about 45 secs works as well as anything. Use a tweezers to hold it. Let it dry overnight and dry burn it to remove any gunk. Really have to be careful with dry burns and cheap atty's. The Eastmall ones can take the abuse, but any others I've tried can pop rather easily.

Chippy is ALMOST living proof of this method. Poor guy was happy with plain old hot water baths......nothing fancy was required, it had a lot to do with the way he was raised. boB

Really, just running the atty under hot water out of the tap for about 45 secs works as well as anything. Use a tweezers to hold it. Let it dry overnight and dry burn it to remove any gunk. Really have to be careful with dry burns and cheap atty's. The Eastmall ones can take the abuse, but any others I've tried can pop rather easily.

Tuck

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Twister Alley
If you can not bring "chippy" back to life. I have some pasture and we can dig him a big hole and have a formal funeral for him. He can rest in peace here. I will make sure to bury him where the horse will not poop on him.
I am so sorry the 2 of you have been threw so many great times together.So hard to loose your best "chippy". Maybe "smilie" is not working as good for you.Because he knows you are still holding on to the last of your "chippy" thoughts.
Hang_in_there.jpg

***UPDATE***
Tuck has stepped up during this difficult time and offered a burial plot. I believe the last of Chippy's "needs" are covered. He was a simple atty, yeah he liked good juice but after the life he endured before I received him I figured he deserved that, and then some. Tuck would it be asking too much to bury an empty bottle of BWB with him.....I think he'd have liked that? Maybe even stick the poor little guy in it as a makeshift coffin? boB

shananigens

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Michigan
You'd better keep a close eye on Smiley, you know when one goes, sometimes...the other..sniff..gets overcome with loneliness...honk...and...and...wants to join his brother. Oh the suffering that poor smiley must feel!!!!!:laugh:

I hear things like this come in 3's...we haven't even heard about Smileys cousin yet...I fear the worst!

Ripple with the problems with the juice quality of some vendors it appears atty abuse is more widespread than what I had imagined. Strays are becoming available for adoption to good juice homes. People operators are on standby if some cheap juice has your atty clinging to life make the darn call! It's never too late until no matter how many ounces of that stuff has been vaped through it. Make the call 1-800-NOT-TVLQ phone lines will be open 24 hours until further notice. boB

You'd better keep a close eye on Smiley, you know when one goes, sometimes...the other..sniff..gets overcome with loneliness...honk...and...and...wants to join his brother. Oh the suffering that poor smiley must feel!!!!!:laugh:

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
I think a good Ego tombstone would set the scene well.
I'm truely touched here. The care and love..its just...
I must confess though, Ive abused my share, and work horsed every poor coil. Im not a bad man, really. A little expectant maybe, you know these tenaged atties these days, Once they get 14 or 16 days under their belt, they think they know everything. I can't tolerate that atitude, and those snide vapes they give me. But i'm working on the inner me. I've decided rather than make my atties earn their JC day in and day out, I will treat them to some of that sweet backwoods brew. Once I sit down, and just listen to those little atties, I realize I trained em well, and their not as bad as I thought. They are brought up strong, and they know how to serve a true purpose for not only me, but anyone I indenture them too. I think I'll turn over a new leaf though, and dedicate myself to bathing them more often, and maybe a little cloth polish and allow them to bring out their true outter beauty also. I'm gonna take me a vape to chippy. Though we never met, I feel I've known him for months, and I'll mourn the passing of such an atty, as he changed lives, especially bobs. Heres to you chippy.
I know smiley will never replace chippy, But we all know chippy would want you to be as good to smiley as you were to him. Smiley might not replace chippy, but he'll be a new great friend. Just drop what your doing, and show smiley some love, and top him off....Its all he really wants. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread