beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Only in Wisconsin would they do this

Milwaukee is going to use Cheese Brine as an deicer this winter on some roads as a test under the theory that it will be better on the roads than salt.

Is it gonna stink like cheese? Especially after the sun warms it up? :blink:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Another busy week flying by. DW wants to spend the night at the camp, and the weather's warm again (LPG heat, but warm is still nicer). It should be a pleasant evening, though probably back home tomorrow (I have a dive class make-up, and the weather is due to turn very rainy late tonight and tomorrow).

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Yay, the deck at camp is finally about done :). Staining a couple of balusters, add the grips to the stair railing, trivial.

Now I'm doing porch stuff. We put in a screen door from the deck, I'm redoing the screening all around the porch so it'll be a mosquito free zone. Grill on the deck, move into the porch to eat and enjoy the lake view :)

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
I've yanked down the harder to reach porch screens, so I can put in new, good, screens, with wood trim tying them down. The 4x4 posts on the porch are fine, but the old guardrail is pretty beat up in some areas, wobbly and a pain to do much with. I'm going to pull the old rail, install new, while things are accessible, before the new screen goes on. No rest for the wicked :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread