chocking my life off

Status
Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
First off i'm no juice guru and this issue never happened to me.

Basically i recently got a juice i haven't bought in a while, usually it's a very pleasant taste with a slight throat hit at 3mg for me, what's boggling my mind right now is the fact i can't vape the brand new bottle i just got as it's MUCH MUCH too intense and chocke me as soon as i try to take a hit from it (even the smell from pulsing it chockes me).

I've bought this juice many times before without this happening, but i am now at a lost 0.0 the taste from it still seems to be there, but i cannot for the life of me handle a single hit from it.

Using it on my trusty Drop rda which i've used with this juice before 0 issues aswell.

Reactions: stols001

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Very weird. Is there any possibility there's an error in the nicotine level or there's been some other sort of contamination? You could try a new bottle and see if it's still a problem.

The only other thing I can think of is that it might be somatic. For some freak reason you choked on your first puff. Now your body remembers that the flavour = bad, so as soon as the aroma hits, your throat closes up to protect you from it.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Try steeping. It may be that the previous bottles you had weren't quite as fresh as this one - maybe sat around longer before shipping or came from a pre-made batch.
Yeah that's what i ended up doing, can't do much more than that and contact my store whenever i get the chance.
Hoping it'll taste better once it's been steeped a bit =/

Tinman033

Jul 25, 2018
Fresh cotton can work wonders for taste. And I've found no juice is perfect so I keep a bottle of pure vg and pure pg so I can adjust the thickness and flavors as needed. More vg will sweeten and thicken it. A few drops of pg will make it smoke better and thin it. Also adds throat hit though. Sounds like you need little vg. Add about 1 or 2 Percent to the bottle shake it real good then cap it and set into coffee cup of hot almost boiling water. About 1/2 to 3/4 way up bottle. Shake every five or ten minutes until water cools off and oil looks thinner. Set aside in cool dark place. Ready to Vape once it's back near room temp. It should be slightly sweeter and mellowed out. Hope it helps, if needed they Have USP VG at Walmart and most pharmacy's like 4 bucks for 4 oz. Just make sure it's USP

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
Fresh cotton can work wonders for taste. And I've found no juice is perfect so I keep a bottle of pure vg and pure pg so I can adjust the thickness and flavors as needed. More vg will sweeten and thicken it. A few drops of pg will make it smoke better and thin it. Also adds throat hit though. Sounds like you need little vg. Add about 1 or 2 Percent to the bottle shake it real good then cap it and set into coffee cup of hot almost boiling water. About 1/2 to 3/4 way up bottle. Shake every five or ten minutes until water cools off and oil looks thinner. Set aside in cool dark place. Ready to Vape once it's back near room temp. It should be slightly sweeter and mellowed out. Hope it helps, if needed they Have USP VG at Walmart and most pharmacy's like 4 bucks for 4 oz. Just make sure it's USP
Yeah I'm having the same problem with a bottle of juice that I purchased recently. I know it's not a steeping issue because it came out of the clearance bin at my local B&M. It's a discontinued juice that I have used before it's called Menthol electric lemonade. Even though I am used to that nicotine level which is 6 mg choke the life out of me. So I am going to utilize your advice and see if I can soften it with a little v g without compromising it's already Mild flavors. Thank you as your post has helped me as well.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Give it a few weeks, if it doesn't improve boost VG a bit and lower content/flavor. I suppose it's entirely possible some "extra flavor" got added to a batch although that shouldn't happen. It could also be mislabeled, but after steeping it a while I'd probably say start fooling with it until you like it and etc.

Anna

Tinman033

Jul 25, 2018
Unfortunately i won't steep it I'll try and vape it in my ammit mtl rda as it seems less harsh on restricted dtl or mtl inhales.

Still letting it oxidize a bit in the evening in case that helps.
You should try the hot water steep takes hour or less and develops flavors quickly as long as you shake it a few times after warms. Equalls days or week at room temp.r

• Useful

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
2 cents:
If your body tells you in a firm manner that it does not want to breathe in that stuff - listen and comply.

There's absolutely no point in forcing yourself to vape this stuff, because you don't know what's wrong. How certain could you be that the manufacturer didn't eff up this time when mixing it? Maybe it was stored in a bad place and got foul? You'll never know. Just throw it away and be done.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Not being able to analyze what's in a juice makes it a wait and see or a "chunk it" situation. It could be green juice that needs to steep or the person who mixed it didn't get the mixture completely homogenized when it was made. People get in a hurry and throw things together sometimes. Who knows what could happen when a shop is mixing juice by the gallon(s) and pouring it into small bottles. The larger the mix the more critical it is to blend it thoroughly before steeping.

I'd contact the vendor and inquire about it. Maybe they'll send you a new bottle that's sampled and proven to be as advertised.

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread