Choices for A Dual Mod Vape (Go-to)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
Been ages since I posted. Let's get to the point...

I typically use two mods; one for home (single battery 18650 VTC nano 75watt mod), and used to be a lost vape dna dual battery mod. Though it seems every dual battery mod I've gone through with quality use, comes with poor exterior choices that tends to either scuff easily, scratch, chip, or even worse, paint falling apart. A few mods I've chosen have had a good rep for paint not deteriorate so quickly:

SX Mini G Class 200$ +; An awesome choice as I've had a good experience with their quality & paint job. However, I'm not too keen on their price point or menu navigation. Or maybe with time I may need to get used to it.

VaporFi VEX 150 $120; Life time warranty, American made, & easy to navigate. A cheaper option vs the choice of SX. However, 510 connector is a bit of a turn off for me.

Boxermod 150$; ideal choice but rumored to crack in cold temperature climates.

Any other suggestions? Ideal for 18650 dual battery usage.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Aspire speeder gets good reviews for reliability and it's not insanely expensive and quite light. I think they have come out with a leather version. I keep meaning to buy that mod and failing (I'm okay with it).

I like Tesla products for reliability, durability and a great vape, I think the Wye is really light and portable, I believe it is plastic, but they released some models without that crazy paint spatter and folks seem to like the size and weight (it's still plastic though).

I'd suggest a Nano 120 Steampunk tesla but it's very heavy (though I like the feel in the hand) and I did used to have a problem with my battery door but I was using very light, small tanks on it. Once I got my Siren V2 on it, no more issues, I theorize that the weight of the tank depresses the 510 pin, forming a tighter connection with the battery door (although I sleeved it in neoprene, and that solved the problem too, with the off switch, moving the sleeve up is pretty easy and not a hassle for battery changes. I just got a punk, which appears to be smaller, but even HEAVIER (haven't vaped it yet, the husband was lusting it, so under the tree it will go, with his name on it). I really like the way it looks and how it feels in the hand, but that might change once batteries are inserted... It's ah, quite heavy. :) The Teslacigs board does TC rather well, and it's a fantastic vape though....

I'm sure others will have some great suggestions for you as well.

Anna

Reactions: Icey

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
I've been looking forward into investing a stabilized wood asMODus Minikin Boost Kodama. I figured, why not get a mod that's wood and wont chip or peel paint? Sleeves are nice, but us human beings produce bodily oils that will eventually attach to those sleeves.

asMODus Ohmsmium 80w mod is by far been attractive & if anything the most durable. I had wish they would make a brushed metal addition/dual as I still shockingly own the rubber version of it. Though it has peeled off from wear and tear. I've own it for 9 months strong and still works as if it was day 1. It's practically all bear metal, looks nice and manly. Just wish how I would figure out how to coat it with a clear gloss to cease deteriorate anymore.

Last edited:

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

90VG

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2016
5000' in Nevada
I have the Aspire Speeder. It's getting scratches on the bottom, but it's still black/solid color. Tiny scratch on the screen. The atomizer is still tight (510 connector is good). Battery cover latch still holds, although I didn't get it clicked all the way one time and it dumps the batteries. It seems to be holding up.

It's got about 600 miles on it in the cup holder, in wattage lock mod, and I've never had it go to 200 watts on accident (as some other mods do this.)

Charging. It seems to charge up the batteries alright, but somehow they also seem to end with an uneven charge. I mostly charge using a separate charger, but sometimes (driving) I charge via USB.

With batteries and a full Limitless XL tank, it comes in at 300 grams.

The only thing I don't like about the mod is the wattage lock turns off when you change batteries. Other than that, (nothing is perfect) it's a very nice mod.

In the photo it's next to a mouse and beer can for scale, the smaller mod is a Sig Spark with a TFV RTA on it.

rsCyTd5wpg_9mUhNjJnRHu6o4Huoo0EkDD1RYMC8hEW-5io51MnEXxrjg1JrNfYGI2Rs7cqWAzHbyhZrr4UzUTLaI6NL3TugQJnplt2tHsO0m5YdJDMvicQUI092zt3w4h_0Z9ZGgwBqmlBCf2pK_L_aJ6NkQtspy5aDhn6Jbf8TKbYe_rO5XVOCBTyLHJ2PriN7WfoKDr7pOLDNB_aAjDxsB68bYWwnwe55CuArRfqEWIl0zqss80SySBM5Bv9NEHArgUMCalK8VuS9IHxCjifDshXGocIzesLL6GnNAEuQE_gk062nfbzI5k2y4xw-_oMSrSyfdrO7RQekpaLuSrNJUSBouSICw10OXM4U9PT5Q9FdvSELktMdlj2tw-hvsxLsgySrdhFBpVPlKQn_gWRwa-XV2R-YtaqQUjwvAc8M2svncT6XbRNPtG5kya5hAXBE2RoXb1L_kURdAROO2DfDcj3lipabqG4mBhbE1X-DR1FtGgZgcjWDTzBNmw0P9Z9ZH-FmTE5beVV9wCkYO9TgdEaAb4-HW_n6LV2rB086t0zUIH3kqo78LH9ksNDKebRhSrMxcXFrQ1m3L5zoBzNedutE2E337pWZN8KG9w=w1709-h961-no

90VG

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2016
5000' in Nevada
Rest in peace aspire speeder. I was working on a cell phone tower during a blizzard today, and the mod fell out of my snow-suit opening the door to the shelter (at ground level). It cracked the tank, no big deal, new glass. I took it home and it's doing a "No atomizer" no matter what I put in there. I took it apart and the 510 broke free from the case. It's shot. Lasted about a month.

90VG

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2016
5000' in Nevada
Condolences 90VG
Thank you. I might be able to do something to it, but I'm leaving town and not around tools for a while. Gonna need epoxy, soldering iron and a Torx 1 bit. I have very bad luck with mods, and it landed on 3" of snow covering gravel. It wasn't even that bad, and it was 27F (winds 40-70 mph). Didn't even get wet like that.

I see what happened. The shock popped the 510 out a bit, so the spring loaded pin isn't hitting the center pin anymore. That's fixable probably, and it doesn't screw on, looks press fit with retaining clip.

I need a military grade mod for the crap I do. It just seems like the choice of profession leads to only getting work during extreme weather, rushed timelines and other natural disasters.

L8hfMgm41S0cwCuU4AmFIShlDiZzIlj4dKloDrmQb9HXWTRWW1abEreB0-0iaIkgWgIOZ2_VcXek_neU2Wyuy2ZRSu5w1MV09bU4ygmsUpAQnWbMCFC98CeUzJBIDJctKkdxyuuO4C67WfiHip32XHF6SuPEOGyqacDMFeFhzdzKrHNPFmE0N9N4PfZKv0hUpuI4g1UdV7Nqz29Rzr-Q_CNn2yR4xm-_WG9NDApUV9PNQvp-OtE_o_zRlODitAmeKZhyHhyR52BiH-ww5p0uDqVrPb-hkXxKz6RkuK2nO7nlcZxz9gkAXqioXR8a0dCYhVmLx58wsvFGkbCBBzFjZAcHEEXCUeo0gea5qpUOGIFMk62P32hQNeJ-kv5CUga4v4fguyGZEXHJsBgSqIdS_MSc9LOC1J_BSxAlGeiQhieU8uN5RL7yuLI8pNLR9TOKwMsz8mLYmRcl0a8n2ETRtUOW7GrsbfRxGNfswdL6P9vg3Y5wakhrziv-2OwCUwCYLhdKjjIOzoPz49vqbqbgTU-AkXksYyKrekHcugL9UKVv8_SrdVNXB9ZJSLaNwoIzD8RI8MXu2M7h1KoeNCZU6lbRI0cL8RxEz1vjhas=w1709-h961-no

I used a small clamp to press fit it back together. Might survive a while longer, but it's still going to need epoxy and some schmoo to cover the electronics.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I have had these dual series TC mods for something over 1.5 years. Have had no issues at all with them, both still look like new.
Minikin 1.5 150W and Minikin VGOD 120W (Both have Avocado 24's on them in this old pic).
minikins.jpg

I have also had these two dual series TC mods almost as long. Same with these, no issues at all, still like new.
Black Carbon and Gold Carbon Sigelei 213's (hiding behind Sig's new Fuchai Squonk 213). (Both have matching VV Mesh RDA's on them... the new Fuchai a Goon 1.5).
fuchiared2s.jpg

Also have dual series mech's and dual parallel mech's as well.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Battlestar. I can’t recall ever seeing a pic of one with a worn finish. Mine has taken a pretty good beating and you’d never know it. It has to be the best valued mod ever produced and I seen it somewhere recently for $34. Ecig dot com I think but even if it’s not there it’s usually $40ish coming from inside the US so no long waits. Anytime someone asks I recommend this mod but I’m not a secret Smoant agent running an underground advertising campaign. Although if asked I’d totally do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread