choking sensation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodoc

Oct 29, 2018
Hey guys!

I've been smoking for a long long time and recently purchased a Mi-pod which i really love but then got all excited about vaping and purchased the Voopoo Drag MINI just to have it around the house...
I've been trying to use it for a few days now with Naked liquids (tried lava flow and brain freeze) with the Uforce P2 coil on 24-28 W
But every time i hit it, it feels like choking (hard to explain - like you just drank water and didn't swallow on time) - And i'm not referring to spit-backs...it's like the vape is too "watery"
what am i doing wrong??
vaping on a straight to lung vape...

Thanks!

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

wackygt

Nov 4, 2018
I have a Drag mini and wasn't the biggest fan of that coil, even though prior to owning a Drag I had never vaped over 20 watts!!

What nicotine strength are you using and what is the vg/pg content of your liquids? Also out of interest how long a Drag are you taking? My last one was 2.6 seconds.

Could be that you are pulling too hard, too quickly?

wackygt

Nov 4, 2018
Now just a quick google search pointed out that you're using mesh coils (.2-.3 0hms range)
If that's the case, you'll need more power than 20 watts, the UForce is a tank made mostly for higher wattage and more clouds, 20 watts for that coil is way too low.

The P2 coil is rated at 24 - 28 watts according to Voopoo. It's one of the coils that comes with the Drag mini kit. First store I found on google: https://www.vaporbeast.com/voopoo-uforce-p2-mesh-replacement-coil-5-pack.html

Op - try the other supplied coil in the suggested wattage range (think it's one of the N coils so is a much higher wattage). As a former MTL Vaper I actually got on better with that coil than the supposed mtl coil that you are using

MrsWood

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2018
Now just a quick google search pointed out that you're using mesh coils (.2-.3 0hms range)
If that's the case, you'll need more power than 20 watts, the UForce is a tank made mostly for higher wattage and more clouds, 20 watts for that coil is way too low.

This is for the Mini Drag not the regular drag. The coil is rated 24-28w and O.6 Ohm. The tank is the Uforce T2

Is it the same juice in the Pod and in the UForce? Change the juice maybe, after all they are two different types of systems made to deliver the vape differently in the Pod compared to the UForce.

This is quite possible.

What MG is the Vape juice you’re using in the mini. Also going from MTL to DL will cause some choking in most people who aren’t familiar with vaping.

dodoc

Oct 29, 2018
Thanks for you help guys
Like I mentioned, I'm using "Naked 100" liquids - they are 70/30 with 3MG nic
I've been using them with the Mi-pod as well and they are great and should be great with the Drag mini...

The best wattage suggested by Voopoo for this coil is 24-28W

The choking is not a coughing experience as you might think, its more like the vape is more like water and less like smoke so its more of a drowning experience (It's hard to explain, i hope you can somewhat understand what i'm talking about)

In terms of the pulls, i'm getting around 1.8-2.1 seconds

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Thanks for you help guys
Like I mentioned, I'm using "Naked 100" liquids - they are 70/30 with 3MG nic
I've been using them with the Mi-pod as well and they are great and should be great with the Drag mini...

The best wattage suggested by Voopoo for this coil is 24-28W

The choking is not a coughing experience as you might think, its more like the vape is more like water and less like smoke so its more of a drowning experience (It's hard to explain, i hope you can somewhat understand what i'm talking about)

In terms of the pulls, i'm getting around 1.8-2.1 seconds
Well vapor is mostly water so it does condense in your lungs. I would try upping the wattage gradually (not too much) and see if that helps. More power will vape the liquid slightly differently.

I understand what you are explaining and definitely myself can sometimes feel the vapor in my lungs as moisture, if that makes sense, but have never felt a choking experience.

Hope this helps :)

MrsWood

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2018
When going MTL you DL there is a significant increase in the vapor you are taking in. You should have another coil in the box for the tank that has higher wattage capabilities, try it. Also try shorter hits to allow your body to adjust to more vapor slowly. You could try not inhaling as many do here and exhaling through your nose.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK what is going on quite, other than adjustment to a new setup. Even if your nicotine is "low enough" it could be overwhelming in a more DL setup. honestly if you aren't used to it. Etc. I'd start there, personally, but you've gotten other good suggestions.

I'm never going to DL probably, discovered early on it's not for me and that has not changed.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey guys!
I've been smoking for a long long time and recently purchased a Mi-pod which i really love but then got all excited about vaping and purchased the Voopoo Drag MINI just to have it around the house...
I've been trying to use it for a few days now with Naked liquids (tried lava flow and brain freeze) with the Uforce P2 coil on 24-28 W
But every time i hit it, it feels like choking (hard to explain - like you just drank water and didn't swallow on time) - And i'm not referring to spit-backs...it's like the vape is too "watery"
what am i doing wrong??
vaping on a straight to lung vape...
Welcome and glad you joined.
Choking is not to take lightly, recommend you seek medical advice. Chocking may be a precursor to something more serious.

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
That word 'choking' made me chain vape as I read trying to feel something different as I lower my wattage. Nothing choking me but simply making me pull more like my battery is running out or something. Nothing out of the ordinary though, but I have a different mod and tank. But anyways...

I feel that wet vape sensation at least once a day during winter at dawn. I work night shifts BTW and during this time when it's so cold here and we get breath's mist, I feel wetter vapes than normal. I can actually feel my nose and lips get wet with condensation from my vaping. Maybe winter is playing tricks on yah especially if you are new at this setup? I don't really know what's the experience in places where there is snow and people have breath's mist all day long. It gets cold here but not freezing cold. Only around 8 to 5 degrees Celsius. But then again, choking really sounds dangerous and you should try to fix that before anything else.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
When going from a mouth to lung device to a direct lung device for me the flow of the direct lung device was way too intense and I'd get choking hits very easily.

Part was due to heat of the vape going from a 0.6 ohm in a Penguin pod to 0.25 in a Smok Baby Prince tank. There was also all that extra airflow to go with all the additional vaper production.

I went to a mouth to lung tank made by Innokin called a Zenith and used their 1.2 ohm coil for what seemed to be a lot smoother experience. The charm of the Zenith is a nice cool vape between about 10 and 14 watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread