Choosing The Mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmiLeToLiFe

Apr 2, 2018
Hello folks,

Help me to choose the mod. if you have any experince about my future tellings.

I have used smok G-Priv. But sold it.

I use smok V8 Stick (I have it). I use it with its own atomizer

I have smok Procolor. I was using it but it keeps saying OHM too low, check atomizer, atomizer short ... So many errors. I dont know what happened to it. But it doesnt work. It doesnt recognize any atomizer that i have been using.

I was using Ammit Dual. But sold it also. I bougt Ijoy Limitless RDTA. But it sucks. I didnt like it.

So i bought new atomizer Blitzen RTA. Waiting for it.

my question is -> I need a new mod. I have checked some mods.But couldnt decide. Could you help me by considering my ex mods ?

1 - asMODus Lustro 200W

2- vaporesso switcher

3- Vapor Storm Puma 200W

4 - Voopoo drag 157w

5- Smok X-Priv

6- If you have any suggestion else those. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,
Tell us how you vape.
Are you an office worker or a welder or bed ridden?
DTL/MTL? Wattage? nicotine level?
Drop in coils? TC? Wire type?
Do you need extended battery life or sustained high wattage (100+)?
Are you only considering 18650 devices?
What made you sell the devices you sold?
What made you buy the devices you have that you don't like?
What is your budget for the new device?
Where are you located?

Cheers
I

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi, Welcome to ECF and we'd love to help you choose a device. I could tell you "my" favorites out of the ones you've listed, and ones *I* would avoid as well. But since I probably don't vape like you do, I doubt my input would have much relevance without, as Izan has pointed out, knowing more.

I'd add a few questions, too. What do you like (and dislike) in your current setups? What are you looking for (most) in your new setups? How much is price a consideration/is it a non-consideration period.

Also if your smoke mod that is not working remains within the warranty period, I would try to warranty it. Even if you don't much care for it as a mod, it's certainly possible that it would be useful to have as a backup, or beater mod, or etc.

Welcome to ECF, hopefully we can give you suggestions soon. It's really not that we want you to have to do more work, it's just the suggestions will be far more meaningful if we know more about what you are looking for and enjoy as far as vaping..

Anna

SmiLeToLiFe

Apr 2, 2018
Thanks for your comments .

for Izan's questions:

@Izan

Are you an office worker or a welder or bed ridden?
- I am an office worker. I work at Development Agency. It's a public institution.
DTL/MTL? Wattage? nicotine level?
- I use DTL atomizer. Around 80wat, sometimes 120wat. Nicotine is 3mg
Drop in coils? TC? Wire type?
- I use mixed wire. I have 8 different types of wire in a package. But usually Alien Clapton 0.30
Do you need extended battery life or sustained high wattage (100+)?
- I usually vape around 80 - 90 wat. Sometimes 120 wat.
Are you only considering 18650 devices?
- I have Smok V8 Stick. But yes i would like to buy devices that works with 2 pcs 18650
What made you sell the devices you sold?
- Well Smok G-priv was too big for my hand. I was also afraid to drop it and damage the screen. Because it works only by touchscreen. That's why i sold it.
- About atomizer. Ammit Dual. It was leaking. I was bored of that. I sold it. But i like it.

What made you buy the devices you have that you don't like?
- I bought the devices that i liked. I just didnt like Ijoy Limitless RDTA Classic Edition. It's leaking. Also the cottons are at the top. So you cant just hold the device and vape. You have to put it in a position that cotton will absorb the liquids. I hope you got what i mean.
What is your budget for the new device?
- I wont spend so much money on that. I would like spend between 40-60 usd.
Where are you located?
- I am in Turkey. As you know vape devices are prohibited in Turkey. So it's really hard to provide any device. But there are a couple of sellers who can ship to Turkey
- I bought from GearBest -> Smok Procolor
- I bought from DHGate -> Smok G-Priv
- I bought in Ukraine by myself -> Smok V8 Stick

About Anna questions @stols001

What do you like (and dislike) in your current setups?
- I like DIY. That's why i likek using RTA or RDTA atomizers. I dont like leaking problem. I like Smok Procolor but it gives so many errors. I dont what happened to it. That's why i have to buy a new machine. I like powerfull device. I like to know how many puff i got, i like to see what wattage i have use. For instance Smok V8 doesnt show any information about those because it doesnt have screen. Even i dont know when its battery will die. Just about my guess.
What are you looking for (most) in your new setups?
- I need budget device but powerful one. I would like to use device from well-known companies. Because there are so many cases that e-cig devices exploded as a bomb. That's why i would like to use devices that i will be sure about.
How much is price a consideration/is it a non-consideration?
- I wont spend so much money on that. I would like spend between 40-60 usd.
Warranty for Smok Procolor?
- I have to send it back to China :) It will cost too much and i will have to wait more than 2-3 months. It's not logical decision. There is another problem along with that. Custom would block it when it arrives to Turkey. That's why i cant.

Thanks for your usufel questions...

SmiLeToLiFe

Apr 2, 2018
@Letitia it's not a best option. Aliexpress is better. If item stuck at custom and i can dispute on Aliexpress. At least custom sends those parcels back to the sellers. But GB? Custom sends back prohibited parcels to GB also. But GB doesnt like to refund. They make you buy anything else. They are not willing to refund.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@Letitia it's not a best option. Aliexpress is better. If item stuck at custom and i can dispute on Aliexpress. At least custom sends those parcels back to the sellers. But GB? Custom sends back prohibited parcels to GB also. But GB doesnt like to refund. They make you buy anything else. They are not willing to refund.
Take a look at Smoant devices. I have three of there models and all perform well for me and are budget friendly. You might want to consider a 3 battery mod for the extended battery life as well. Personally I'd save up some money and spring for a Lost Vape DNAC device.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Okay, so given your situation it sounds like you need some reliability. Smok does clouds well, reliability can be spotty (enough) that I'm not sure I'd recommend another Smok product, which may or may not fail.

I am going to list makers that I consider (unusually) reliable. Teslacigs is one such company, I almost never hear complaints about their products. They do offer some two battery mods, and their designs can vary widely but their powerboard is excellent. They convert power pretty efficiently and I consider them to be one step down from a DNA mod in terms of vape quality. I might consider the Punk, if you are a high wattage vaper (with the understanding that no 2 18650s are going to get you anywhere NEAR 200 watts, for more than about 3 minutes if that), but it's a 200 watt mod, for what that's worth. I think it's boxy and vastly prefer the steampunk nano, although that's a 120 watt 2 battery mod. There's also the Wye (if you can stand how it looks) and other options there.

Innoken is also a maker that I consider rather reliable, although you will hear thoughts/feelings otherwise, and their "manufacturer" offers several different "platforms" I think Eleaf is the parent company to Innoken and a few others. I do find their stuff to be well designed and well made.

Smoant, as Letitia mentioned, may be a possibility. As far as a DNA mod, you did mention concerns about dropping your touch screen mod, but they are the most precise and versatile of the power boards, especially for Tc. You can get one without a touch screen, I'd guess. I mean, yeah, I have a 75 watt DNA with no touchscreen. It will really depend on which one(s) you like, but it may be worth a look if you want a "main" mod to use for a long time and interested in TC.

I'm a fan of Vapresso, but I wouldn't say I'd consider them the most durable mods I own. I haven't had any issues with them yet and I'm tough on mods, but I don't know, they do "pretty and features" well, and I can't exactly find myself COMPLAINING about durability, and it's not a mod I'd immediately give away for fear of breaking it, but I sort of evaluate that I could if that makes any sense. Still far more durable than Smok probably.

IDK hope any of the above was slightly helpful. I'm sure you'll get lots of other good suggestions, but I'd be looking for durability and value in your shoes and etc.

Anna

• Useful
Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread