Looking for a new vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoz3

Mar 21, 2019
Hello!

I've started to vape more than a year ago with eGo AIO e-cigarete and now the battery has almost dead. What I mean with "dead" is that it is dead while at 50% charged and I feel like it will die in a couple of days or weeks. So now I'm looking for a new vape.

I searched on the internet what would be a good vape mod and found Eleaf. It seems a lot of people enjoy and are satisfied with this brand. I also looked into smok mods but looking at internet reviews, they say that it is not the best mod for long use.

So in my case, I've found to choose between...

1) Eleaf Istick Pico S 100W
2) Eleaf iStick Pico 75W

I also listed these since the shop I'm going to buy include these but not sure if these mods will be any good to be in the long run.

3) smok SPECIES 230W & TFV8 Baby V2 Starter Kit.
4) Smok R-Kiss 200W
5) Smok X-PRIV 225W
6) VooPoo Drag 2 177W
7) VooPoo Drag Mini 117W

The question is... from what of the all listed mods should I buy? Would be good if anyone shared their own experience with these listed products.

I don't need to puff big clouds and stuff. 30-50 W is good enough for me.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @Smoz3, the Innokin Kroma R kit with Zlide tank or Freemax Twister 30W with Fireluke 22 Tank could well be of interest to you. Both are good options if you aren't looking for a cloudy vape, which is what you say your looking for.

Also both are well reccomend and have been reviewed on the forum by various folks. If you wish I can dig out the information for you later.

But the SMOK and the Voopoo you may wish to avoid, as they'll probably be in the category that you want to avoid for definite.

Just checked the Eleaf kits and they'll probably not be the best fit either, bit too cloudy again.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,
Do you want a "kit" or a new battery device and a new tank?
Excluding the smok devices, the only unit with a built in battery is the Drag mini.
Every other device will require you to purchase suitable rechargeable batteries and an external charger.

What is your budget?
Where are you located?
What is the nicotine strength of the juice you use?

Cheers
I

Smoz3

Mar 21, 2019
Hello @Smoz3, the Innokin Kroma R kit with Zlide tank or Freemax Twister 30W with Fireluke 22 Tank could well be of interest to you. Both are good options if you aren't looking for a cloudy vape, which is what you say your looking for.

Also both are well reccomend and have been reviewed on the forum by various folks. If you wish I can dig out the information for you later.

But the SMOK and the Voopoo you may wish to avoid, as they'll probably be in the category that you want to avoid for definite.

Just checked the Eleaf kits and they'll probably not be the best fit either, bit too cloudy again.

I'm sorry, but Innokin Kroma R kit and Freemax Twister 30W don't seem that appealing to me. Yes, I said that I don't wish for big clouds but it wouldn't hurt if the vape that I would buy had the opportunity to go with big clouds. If I'm not mistaken more wattage=more clouds=more e-juice consumption. (that is why I want something between 30-50 w since it wouldn't consume e-juice that drastically).

Alright, I guess I won't look into SMOK and the Voopoo brands.
And why would Eleaf not be a good choice? Seen videos of Eleaf products and the clouds look decent.
Hi and welcome,
Do you want a "kit" or a new battery device and a new tank?
Excluding the smok devices, the only unit with a built in battery is the Drag mini.
Every other device will require you to purchase suitable rechargeable batteries and an external charger.

What is your budget?
Where are you located?
What is the nicotine strength of the juice you use?

Cheers
I

I would like a device that could recharge batteries. Vape with a built-in battery would be a waste since you throw it away when the battery fully dies.

My budget would be around 50-60ish euros. I'm located in Latvia and the nicotine strength is 6mg.
Here are the shops where I searched for the products -

E cigaretes un to detaļas, aksesuāri un šķidrumi | Vapesale24 - VAPESALE24.COM
Modi ar iebūvētu akumulatoru

(sites are in Latvian but you can see the variety of the vapes)

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Though I'm still not sure which Eleaf vape product to buy.

Eleaf 75W is very well made and sturdy, but make sure your tank will fit on it properly. I'm sure that the Eleaf 100W is just as good. Like other posters stated, I wouldn't recommend a Smok. Don't know much about the Drags.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I'm sorry, but Innokin Kroma R kit and Freemax Twister 30W don't seem that appealing to me. Yes, I said that I don't wish for big clouds but it wouldn't hurt if the vape that I would buy had the opportunity to go with big clouds. If I'm not mistaken more wattage=more clouds=more e-juice consumption. (that is why I want something between 30-50 w since it wouldn't consume e-juice that drastically).

Alright, I guess I won't look into SMOK and the Voopoo brands.
And why would Eleaf not be a good choice? Seen videos of Eleaf products and the clouds look decent.

I would like a device that could recharge batteries. Vape with a built-in battery would be a waste since you throw it away when the battery fully dies.

My budget would be around 50-60ish euros. I'm located in Latvia and the nicotine strength is 6mg.
Here are the shops where I searched for the products -

E cigaretes un to detaļas, aksesuāri un šķidrumi | Vapesale24 - VAPESALE24.COM
Modi ar iebūvētu akumulatoru

(sites are in Latvian but you can see the variety of the vapes)
Unless you have the batteries and charger already, your budget is a bit low.
A decent charger and two 20A branded batteries will cost about 30€.
As suggested above, the Eleaf pico 75 is reliable, durable can be found pretty cheap if you shop around.

Cheers
I

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Unless you have the batteries and charger already, your budget is a bit low.
A decent charger and two 20A branded batteries will cost about 30€.
As suggested above, the Eleaf pico 75 is reliable, durable can be found pretty cheap if you shop around.
I agree. You really need an external charger (and batteries) so your budget won't cover those and the device (I understand what it's like to have a low budget) Nothing wrong with E-leaf but I would avoid Smok. Many of the internal battery mods are very good so that might work best for you now. Just because a mod (any mod) can do higher watts that doesn't matter (they are adjustable so can be used with any tank you choose (most tanks have several options for different coils) Kits are the best deals because you get the tank too for very little more cost.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Ah, now I get you @Smoz3. You want things that you can mix and match, and you can do that with any mod and tank that uses 510 connectors.

The Freemax Fireluke looks very interesting as the coils are 0.5, 1.0 and 1.5 ohms. So they cover from a cloudyish DTL style vape to the not so cloudyish realm of MTL.

Fireluke 22 Tank | Freemax - Taste the Clouds, Feel the Flavors!

It was just you mentioning in your initial post that you weren't looking for a cloudy DTL style of vape, and all the kits you listed were it the cloudyish DTL style. But the Pico S seems the best option then, as you can use NFE Tools and Artic Fox firmware to enhance the mods performance and your enjoyment.

NFE Team

But for really cloudy tanks, the Freemax Fireluke 3 and M Pro 2 come to mind.

Freemax Fireluke 3 Mesh Tank

Freemax M Pro 2 Tank

But any decent dual 18650 or single 21700 mod should be more than ample for your needs then, but something cheap may be the best option first. As you really need to find out what type of vaping suits you better, as I have a long list of victims that said that they could use my kind of cloudyish DTL setup.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hello!

I've started to vape more than a year ago with eGo AIO e-cigarete and now the battery has almost dead. What I mean with "dead" is that it is dead while at 50% charged and I feel like it will die in a couple of days or weeks. So now I'm looking for a new vape.

I searched on the internet what would be a good vape mod and found Eleaf. It seems a lot of people enjoy and are satisfied with this brand. I also looked into SMOK mods but looking at internet reviews, they say that it is not the best mod for long use.

So in my case, I've found to choose between...

1) Eleaf Istick Pico S 100W
    2) Eleaf iStick Pico 75W

I also listed these since the shop I'm going to buy include these but not sure if these mods will be any good to be in the long run.

3) SMOK SPECIES 230W & TFV8 Baby V2 Starter Kit.
    4) Smok R-Kiss 200W
    5) Smok X-PRIV 225W
    6) VooPoo Drag 2 177W
    7) VooPoo Drag Mini 117W

The question is... from what of the all listed mods should I buy? Would be good if anyone shared their own experience with these listed products.

I don't need to puff big clouds and stuff. 30-50 W is good enough for me.

From the store you've listed, I'd choose either:

ELEAF ISTICK PICO 25 WITH ELLO E-CIGARETTE KIT - VAPESALE24.COM
    18650 battery, tanks up to 25mm will fit

or

ELEAF ISTICK PICO S 100W KIT - VAPESALE24.COM
    21700 battery, tanks up to 26.5mm will fit.

or grab the Voopoo Drag 2 177w with this as your tank;
    GeekVape Zeus Sub-Ohm 5ml - VAPESALE24.COM

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    This is a very nice mod for the price

Vaporesso GEN Kit

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Vaporesso GEN mods seem very popular here in UK, I've seen loads of folks using them recently.
    Charger- I can't help. I bought 2 Nitecore chargers (Nitecore Q2 which was a bargain, and Nitecore Q4 which was quite cheap as well) and I'm happy with both.
    The only thing I could advise you to do would be to get 4 batteries, not 2 (if your mod will take 2x18650 batteries). That way you can charge your twin batteries and vape on another pair, otherwise you will face a couple of hours of waiting for your batteries to charge until you can vape again, very impractical I'd say, and if you are outside the house/at work and run out of battery that's it, you can't vapoe until you get back home and recharge.

Reactions: Smoz3

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Charger- I can't help. I bought 2 Nitecore chargers (Nitecore Q2 which was a bargain, and Nitecore Q4 which was quite cheap as well) and I'm happy with both.
    I have the Nitecore Q2 (simple 2 battery charger with LEDs) I really like it. Haven't had experience with any others.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I have one last question, which battery charger to buy. EFEST SLIM K1 or LISTMAN L1 2A? They both cost the same but which one is better for SONY VTC6 battery charging?

I'm not familiar with those chargers, sorry. I suggest you do some research online. I use Nitecore and Xtar chargers and can vouch for both, but that won't help you.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    I have the Nitecore Q2 (simple 2 battery charger with LEDs) I really like it. Haven't had experience with any others.
    I was also happy with the nitecore Q2 but I recently upgraded to Q4 to get 4 slot charger as the smaller charger wasn't coping with my needs. It's more practical. I now have 6x18650 and 5x21700, sometimes I vape 2 mods in rotation and a few times both run out at the same time, plus I had some empty battery or two after a day at work. So 5-6 batteries to charge, a bit impractical to manage that with just one charger. Also- I'm aware that battery chargers, mods, batteries etc sometimes break, so I really wanted to have a spare charger in case one breaks. In case that happens, I won't have time to wait for another charger to arrive through the post if I buy one online

crazyvape

ECF Veteran
    May 6, 2019
    Texas

I don’t understand what you find wrong with VooPoo products, Smok I can understand but not VooPoo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread