Cigalike Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I'm very impressed with the "bigger" vapes out there (some of them are absolutely beautiful, and I realize they generally have more power), I'm stuck on cigalikes and I think it's for good.

I realize I'm on the trailer park side of the tracks for this preference. :D But I know I'm not the only one. Do you vape a cigalike? If so, what brand?

I'm currently sweet on Smoktech. It's the one in my avatar. I just wish they had prettier colors or some wraps or something, but eh, it is what it is.

I just can't seem to do the bigger guys, I feel like I'm playing the clarinet.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I loved my cig-a-likes but moved on up to ego type batteries for the longevity. I really like my 1300mAh spinners because they seem to last forever before needing to be recharged. If you like small you may want to try a 650mAh or less ego type. An evod on a 350-650 mAh ego battery is just so cute and you can match your eVod and battery. Perfect set-up in a small package in my opinion.

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
I use a standard Provari with an RBA and it's HUGE! I have often thought of buying a cig alike to keep in my purse but I hate how much the batteries wear down as you vape. If cig alikes work for you then that's what you should stay with. I know a lot of vets were using the e roll for a bit but not sure now.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I use my cigalikes every time I go out, almost every day. 510s with a nano clearo, eroll, whatever I grab. Fits in my bag or pocket and I don't get those weird stares or become a cop magnet. lol

They do make wraps for 510s! You might have to measure and see if they'll fit but these are a buck each.
Electronic Cigarette Battery Skins & eCigarette Wraps | Aqua Vapor Cig

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Although I'm very impressed with the "bigger" vapes out there (some of them are absolutely beautiful, and I realize they generally have more power), I'm stuck on cigalikes and I think it's for good.

I realize I'm on the trailer park side of the tracks for this preference. :D But I know I'm not the only one. Do you vape a cigalike? If so, what brand?

I'm currently sweet on Smoktech. It's the one in my avatar. I just wish they had prettier colors or some wraps or something, but eh, it is what it is.

Y'know, whatever works for you is all that matters. Vaping is superior to smoking so you're already ahead in this game! :thumbs:

I own a bunch of 'cig-a-like' eCigs.... I usually carry them as 'back ups' ... just in case. ;)

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
I actually love cigalikes. I do use ego twists at home with RDAs & evods but when I'm doing something the cigalike is just so much more convenient. I have a little drip tip on the end that I can bite on if my hands are busy. I really like it too because it's easy to throw in my purse pocket. No worries about filling it &/or charging it (I have a pcc with another that's always charged up & extra cartos).

OzarkTroutBum

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Ozarks
If it works for you then be happy.

I know 2 big burly country boys that are happy as a mule eating briars with their V2 kits. Easy to carry, easy to get and no fiddling around with leaky clearos and whatnot. Just whip it out and get a rip and be done with it.

It just works for them and they aren't smoking so they are happy and their wives and kids are happy.

Scootaloo

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
United Kingdom
I recently switched to a none cig-a-like product:

I had a Skycig for a while then a 10 motives from the supermarket.

The Skycig was much nicer, but the 10 motives was easier to use and cheaper.

I liked it, it was flawed but the battery life and the flavors weren't that bad, and it was still better than analogues

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I use V2 cigalikes and have ever since I started, almost 2 years ago. Still not ready to go to the next step (whatever that may be). I like V2 because of their warranty policy where you can trade each battery (not working) for a new one, up to 5 times. Of the dozen batts I've owned, I think I've traded in three of those more than one time, but pretty sure none are at the 3 times level. I've tried other products, and think everything I've ever tried was fine. I tend to give away my non V2 stuff to help newbies get going without bearing full price of a starter kit.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
If it wasn't for the frequent recharging, or desire for variable voltage, I think large percentage of us would rather be using cigalikes.

My ultimate goal is something the size and weight of an NJoy King that is rechargeable and does variable voltage.
In order to minimize size and weigh it should be set up as a drip-only device.

That will never happen though.
And even if it did, I'd probably be the only one to buy it.
:laugh:

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
i started out on v2's.
still use them and refill the carto's. i since have got 2 360 mah push button
kr808d1 batts from my vaporstore.com.
next payday i'm going to get some 808d1 tanks.
they are very discrete when using the standard size battery.
with a drip tip,a full battery,and a fresh cartridge i can get a pretty good vape with them.

for general use i have an ego c and t 1100 mah passthroughs.ego c passthrough 600 mah.
2 generic ego/510 600 mah. vision ce 4's,and iclear16 ce5's for tanks.
ejuice made by my local b&m, or produced in state.

i'm all in regards
mike

Recycled Roadkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Garland, TX
My very first cigalike was bought about 2 years ago was worthless. It came with 10 cartridges and would no longer charge before they were used up and I swear, my cheeks would almost touch together trying to get a hit.

Now I'm not saying they haven't improved, I don't really know but I really can't see the point of carrying one in public, as I do with the PV I have now, and looking like I'm smoking a cigarette.

Everyone to their own choice though and anything is better than smoking cigarettes. :2c:

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Cigalikes do have a romance about them. In my fictional sci-fi universe, the cigalikes (and mods in general) use atomic-level energy density batteries (you'll die before they run out of power), and depending on the ecig model, the cartridges and tanks are permanently reusable. Metallic hydrogen filaments, whaaaat.

Last edited:

Mountain_Rain96

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Atlanta Ga.
There's nothing wrong with preferring cigalikes, I used V4L Titans and blank cartos for awhile and the quality was good (a few other brands, not so much), but to me, it all boiled down to what was most important, and that was cost and convenience.

Cost: I'm not going to insult your intelligence by pointing out, one, two, three, A, B, C, how much cheaper it is using any basic eGo setup, they save you alot more money over time. And, it never ceases to amaze me that a good eGo setup is actually cheaper than a high quality cigalike setup.

Convenience: Simply put, expensive, prefilled cartridges aside, I just got tired of having to top off blank cartos a billion times a day, while my iClear16s only have to be refilled a couple of times a day, tops. eGo batteries don't have to be charged several times a day, cigalike batteries do. This also shortens the life cycle of a cigalike battery, which would fall under the 'Cost' category as well.

Unrelated to the cost and convenience is the throat hit and vapor you get from a good eGo setup. That can't be matched by any cigalike in existence today.

I love my eGo setups, every variation of them, and if they were ever banned, I would more than likely quit vaping altogether.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to discourage you, far from it. Whatever keeps you off the stinkies is the right choice, the smart choice, the only choice. It's just that, for me, I've gotten spoiled by the hassle free (most of the time, anyway), much less expensive eGo world. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread