Cigarette packet mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

jugs

Apr 19, 2010
Australia
Hi all!

I'm a new member to the boards and I did a cigarette packet mod just for laughs, thought I'd share the outcome with you. I based the design on the nicostick but with 4 AA batteries in series. I used the standard 1.2V AA rechargables in series which means it's vaping at 4.8 volts.

I don't have any pics of the inside, but it would just be a repost of what has already been done! It's 4xAAs in a battery enclosure which charges via usb with a dodgey on/off switch at the bottom (which came with the enclosure). I have a 901 atty wired and attached to the outside of the casing. The batteries fit snugly in a cig packet and then I just taped it all together haha. No LEDs or any bells and whistles really (except for usb charging). It would have looked a lot nicer having the atty in one of the battery enclosures rather than hanging off the side, but I didn't want to go down to 3.6V! Also, the cigarette packet is could have been cut a lot better

Oh well! Nothing too serious here. Don't know if this one will leave my bedroom :oops:

eryeth.jpg

2rp456v.jpg

2s803es.jpg

haha! Thanks to nicowolf for the nicostick

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
Makes for a good working mod. Now for a more sturdy model.
Happy you found the Forum and are a mod minded person. Welcome to our sickness. :p

I found a Cig pack along the road and almost did that but I needed storage space for extra carts, mods, and E-liquid. What I guess I`m saying is my box is bigger. :pervy:

My box mod can be viewed at photobucket.
5 Volt Carboard Box Mod pictures by _Connman_ - Photobucket

jugs

Apr 19, 2010
Australia
Haha Connman that mod is mental! Do you keep that thing in a bunker?

Thanks for the tip Sci. I will definitely give that a try, it looks a lot cleaner than my current set up. At least the thing worked which was my main objective! I use the past tense there because while trying to clean up the wiring I ended up dropping a large chunk of solder into the battery connector! Thus connecting the pos/neg and shorting the circuit! I've been trying to heat it up and kinda scrape it out but I'm making a bigger mess. Can anyone give me any tips here? I really need to learn soldering 101 before I try something like this again!

Loving the information on this forum. Thanks for looking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread