Cinnamon and Funky Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cahdek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Sacramento, CA
I order Cinnamon Apple from a trusted vendor recently and the apple has a funky taste to it. Almost perfumey I guess is how I would describe it. I haven't called them about it yet, but I wanted to ask you guys what I can add to smooth it out. I've just started into DIY and I have a TON of stuff so I'm sure something I have would kill that funky apple taste.

Any suggestions?

And yes, I've let it steep the recommended time and THEN some

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
Can you describe the funk a little more please, that will help others be able to better advise you on what you can do. If it's just perfume, you can try airing it out, or cutting it down possibly.

How long was this "recommended time" you let it steep, and how long overall? And knowing the brand of flavoring would help a lot too!

It sounds like you might have the flavor percentage mixed too high, and if that's the case you'll be able to easily add in more nic/pg/vg and smooth it out, but more details are needed before anyone will be able to offer you advise on how to proceed.

Cahdek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Sacramento, CA
I think I can only describe it as a fake chemically taste. I didnt make this juice myself. I bought it from a vendor I regularly bought from before I started DIY. Im pretty sure they use Loranns

Ive heard that EM can smooth things out so I was thinking either that or some vanilla to cut out the bad aftertaste that the apple leaves. They recommended 3 days of steep time but even after almost 2 weeks, its still there

Cahdek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Sacramento, CA
"You know that little white speck on top of chicken poop? It's still chicken poop." Sorry michael, had to go there.

What if you just cut it with plain pg/vg? It could just be overflavored. . .

Good call actually! I tasted it again last night thinking that maybe the extra week or so would have changed it. Nope! Still tastes like it's got a TON of apple in it. I'm gonna try cutting it down and see if that helps.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I agree with the above. If you have a perfumey flavor, most times you have to let it air out for it to be decent. A lot of Perfumer's apprentice flavors are like this. After you mix your juice, I would leave the top off at least over night and that strange flavor should go away. It does for me, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread