Cisco LR 510 1.5 Ohm.... Wow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

swoody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Chicago, USA
I just got my Cisco LR atty's today. Had to hunt them down at the post office, but wow.... they were well worth it! The atty is very attractive as I got the stainless steel version. It has 'LR 1.5' printed on it in a very nice black font. With my Maxi RS and SuperT drip tip, my mod looks very sexy! :D

What better way to break in a new atty than BWB's RY4 which turned 1 month old today? I have only been using the 1.5 version for about 30 minutes now, but this is an amazing change from the standard joye 510 atty. The vapor just seems to pump out now, and the flavor is amazing - it's nearly as strong as drinking the juice :p

I was talking with a co-worker the other night who switched over to an e-cig that I've never had a buzz from vaping like you get from smoking. This atty has changed that. I am getting a very nice buzz from it, and this is only 6mg strength! I can't wait for my 24mg Espresso juice to get here ;)

I also received a 2.0 ohm version so I could compare the two. I haven't even opened that one yet, and I don't know if I will. The 1.5 is not really hot and it doesn't take away from the flavor at all.

I would recommend this to ANYONE especially with the price tag of $9! You don't have to go with an uber-expensive mod to get a great vaping experience. I thought these atty's would be for the hardcore vapers who like huge billowing clouds of vapor and harsh throat hit, but there is nothing which is not enjoyable about the experience.

I'm looking forward to trying all my favorite liquids with this new amazing piece of hardware!

- Woody

Edit: I should have mentioned this previously, but I have to give props to Avid Vaper here. I ordered these on Tuesday, they shipped out 3 hours after I placed my order and got here in two days!! I don't care who you are, that's great hustle for any retailer! :)

Last edited:

swoody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Chicago, USA
Is there anywhere you can buy dewicked / debridged Cisco attys? I have been having some minor issues with the ones I've done myself, so I would like to see if there is anywhere that has them from the factory. I don't want a vendor who does the mod themselves, I would really prefer an atty that has been designed and manufactured that way.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Great job

+1 for Cisco 1.5ohm 510 atties

Agreed.

I've been running this 1.5ohm Cisco spec 510 for over a week with 100%vg (Boba's Bounty) and it's still hitting like a tank, no cleaning done yet. I do occasionally have to blow it out, because of how thick the juice is, but man, this atty paired with Boba's Bounty @ 4v is just amazing.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Is there anywhere you can buy dewicked / debridged Cisco attys? I have been having some minor issues with the ones I've done myself, so I would like to see if there is anywhere that has them from the factory. I don't want a vendor who does the mod themselves, I would really prefer an atty that has been designed and manufactured that way.

I have looked for that myself and never found it. I can't say conclusively they don't exist, but my research has been for naught so far. If I find anything, I'll let you know. Could you do the same?

caz55

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Tennessee

As a matter of fact, I just tried a debridged Cisco LR510, 1.5 ohm and I hate it. I cannot get any appreciable vapor from it no matter what I try. I've been using it for about a day now. It has a strange "pop" to it when it runs low of juice. I'm using 50/50 Wyatt Earp. I bought it from Avid Vaper.

swoody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Chicago, USA
As a matter of fact, I just tried a debridged Cisco LR510, 1.5 ohm and I hate it. I cannot get any appreciable vapor from it no matter what I try. I've been using it for about a day now. It has a strange "pop" to it when it runs low of juice. I'm using 50/50 Wyatt Earp. I bought it from Avid Vaper.

For anyone who's interested, Cisco does have a limited supply of Bridgeless LR510 atties in stock : Atomizers - Cisco Spec Bridgeless Low Resistance Atomizers - Avid Vaper

I picked up a pair of them (order limited to two per person for the time being) and I love them! I did encounter a similar issue to yourself on one of my atties - low vapor, burning taste, etc. These are trial run products though, so think of them as Beta testing ;) The other one I have works flawlessly and produces just as much as my DIY de-bridged / de-wicked Cisco atties. Cisco said these are intended for getting input and feedback on the design and if things go well he may be tweaking the design and offering them as full-time products.

For me it has produced just as much flavor and vapor as my DIY Cisco atties while being much less prone to leakage. Overall I would say I'm very pleased with the bridgless versions :)

caz55

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Tennessee
For anyone who's interested, Cisco does have a limited supply of Bridgeless LR510 atties in stock : Atomizers - Cisco Spec Bridgeless Low Resistance Atomizers - Avid Vaper

I picked up a pair of them (order limited to two per person for the time being) and I love them! I did encounter a similar issue to yourself on one of my atties - low vapor, burning taste, etc. These are trial run products though, so think of them as Beta testing ;) The other one I have works flawlessly and produces just as much as my DIY de-bridged / de-wicked Cisco atties. Cisco said these are intended for getting input and feedback on the design and if things go well he may be tweaking the design and offering them as full-time products.

For me it has produced just as much flavor and vapor as my DIY Cisco atties while being much less prone to leakage. Overall I would say I'm very pleased with the bridgless versions :)

Yeah, I now know I've been used as a guinea pig. I emailed Avid Vaper about the issue I was having with the atty and they said "sorry, no return policy on these atty's." I'll be more careful in the future and should have read the "fine print" I guess. However, I may reconsider future purchases from Avid Vaper. I want products that have a reasonable chance of working. If they want to test products, they should pass them out for free and get feedback.

swoody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Chicago, USA
Yeah, I now know I've been used as a guinea pig. I emailed Avid Vaper about the issue I was having with the atty and they said "sorry, no return policy on these atty's." I'll be more careful in the future and should have read the "fine print" I guess. However, I may reconsider future purchases from Avid Vaper. I want products that have a reasonable chance of working. If they want to test products, they should pass them out for free and get feedback.

Ok, maybe 'beta testing' was a bit stronger wording than I was going for. Cicso did express to me that he has already tested these quite in-depth, but wanted to see how they would fair (I would assume popularity and feedback from general use, not from being guinea pigs).

It really is unfortunate you had a bad experience with yours. There are many, many, many people around who have had great experiences with his atties, and who recommenced them highly to other vapers. As with most everything in the world, there are bound to be a couple duds which make it out to customers. With LR atties being sensitive to abuse or high voltage I can understand his hesitation to offer a warranty which would allow some people to abuse the system - whether that is intentionally or just from being undereducated about these types of devices. Regardless, I hope you do give Cisco a try again in the future. I have found his atties to be the biggest increase of my enjoyment of vaping (besides getting rid of those damned OEM 510 batteries) and I do recommenced his atties to my friends and co-workers who vape :)

- Woody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread