Cisco LR 901 vs Cisco LR 306 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtdisturbed47

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Recently I bought a Cisco LR 901 from VaporFlow (great company and very fast to ship). I went for Cisco-spec LR atties because they run at 1.5 ohms, a bit less than what I was already used to (1.7-1.8 ohms with SLB LR atties). Here's my experience with both Cisco atomizers (both with removed bridges and wicks):

Cisco LR 901 (1.5 ohms)
I am already familiar with the superior flavor that LR 901 atties offer, so I was interested to see if the very low 1.5 ohms would drown out the flavor. To my surprise, it did not. Not at all. If anything, the flavor was improved! I've used standard resistance (3.7v and 5v) and low resistance on 510's, 901's, 801's, 306's (standard resistance with the 306 up to this point). To my experience, the 901's offer the best flavor across the board, and the LR versions offer the great flavor with awesome vapor and throat hit.

With the Cisco 1.5 ohm LR 901, the flavor is amazing. Subtleties in the flavor stand out more, the full, thick vapor rolls off the tongue in a very satisfying manner, and the warm throat hit reminds me of an analog. The draw is a but airy though, so I used a small but of duct tape to cover the side vent hole by 50%.

Maintenance is low as it doesn't gum-up as easy as my SLB LR 901's did. The flavor also lasts longer and it doesn't burn through liquid as fast as the SLB atties did. This is very counter-intuitive given it's an even lower resistance. Leakage is obvious but controllable, as 2 drops onto the coil is enough for 4 or 5 satisfying hits. Flooding can happen if more than 3 drops are used, but it clears up quickly.

Cisco LR 306 (1.5 ohms)

I was apprehensive about this atomizer, considering the regular 306 I used was horrid. Flavor was dull, vapor was minimal, and is flooded easily. This LR 306, on the other hand, is a completely different story.

I ran some liquid through the atomizer to get rid of that "new atty taste", dripped 2 drops onto the coil and took a nice long hit. WOW, the throat hit is intense! It's warm, sharp, and very satisfying. More like an analog throat hit than the LR 901, and the draw is tighter than the LR 901.

The flavor is also a very pleasant surprise. It's not as good as the Cisco LR 901, but it's darn close. Subtleties in the flavors aren't as pronounced as with the 901, but the main "body" of the flavors are certainly noticeable. Flavors aren't dulled as bad as I thought they would be.

What this atty lacks in flavor (vs the LR 901), it gains in heat and throat hit. Vapor is the same as the Cisco LR 901, but the hot throat hit is superior. This could be due to the closer proximity of the coil to my throat when I'm taking hits, as the atty is quite a bit shorter than the 901.

I only drip, and dripping with this LR 306 is going to be tricky. I am using a tip that has the top cut off in order to drip, but I find that the juice doesn't reach the coil accurately as the drips hit the inside of the tip. I find myself removing the tip and dripping 2 drops onto the coil in that fashion. That's fine, but not exactly user-friendly. Also, it eats juice like a sponge. 2 drops only last 3 or 4 hits at best (I take long drags), and that's with a primer puff. It doesn't really need the primer puff, but it's a force of habit for me.

Flavor, throat hit, and vapor production are awesome, but I enjoy the LR 901 more due to the better flavor.

Conclusion

Both atomizers cost a little more than other LR atties because of the lower resistance (and the Cisco branding), but they are well worth the extra couple bucks. They feel more like a 5v vape than 1.8 ohm atties do because of the hotter vapor, more vapor, and more throat hit. The 3/10th's of an ohm difference goes a long way.

I would definitely buy both of them again, but I lean more towards the LR 901 because of the superior flavor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread