Clarification: Cartomizers on 901 connectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

planetofthevapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Pandhandle of Nebraska
The threads will fit yes...the contact will be made...however, if it is a manual 901 battery, the airflow would be blocked (I know, I tried it on Monday with my friend's 901 manual batteries...and on all of my manual batteries with adapters for that matter). I had to build a mod out of a 801-901 adapter leaving the center hole of the connector open to get the airflow so that it would actually work. So, the short answer is...it will fit, but it may not work!

Brodius Bacchus

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
Well, I just learned a valuable lesson a few days ago. If anybody is using a custom 901 connector that utilizes a soldered center rod, be careful.

What I noticed with the KR8 cartomizer was that the connector has a slightly depressed groove in the center. This can catch the center rod on a custom battery connector, and acting as a sort of screwdriver, twist the rod and undo the soldering. I think this is particularly applicable if the center rod has a slight notch (for air flow).

I don't think many custom 901 connectors like mine are floating around out there, but I wanted to just make the issue public. If you have an original Zi Moshi LiteVaper (made by Ted), then this will probably apply to you.

Regards,
Brad

Brodius Bacchus

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
I probably should have clarified on the KR8 cartomizers. The one's I used were from V4L. The depressed groove in the center of the connector appears to apply to the premium carto's they have as well.

I know there are better 901 battery connectors out there, and they'll be the one's I use in future modifications. The soldered center rod connectors, I assume, are a relic from the past, when commercial connectors weren't available at retail. I'm not aware of anyone who still uses this method for connectors, or of any currently available battery mods that utilize such a connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread