Not open for further replies.

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Mech mod's have nothing on lawn mowers.

Lawn mowers don't create mass-destruction and they don't explode in your face.
Bring a running lawn mower into a crowd and I absolutely guarantee that everyone will run away.
But bring a mech-mod, in the hands of a cloud-chasing idiot, into a crowd and the rest of the cloud-chasing idiots gather around with challenges in hand.

vaping was invented for one purpose, to deliver nicotine for the user in such a way that it mimics smoking so that the user can quit smoking. It was never intended to be used as a toy for cloud-chasers and that exactly what children turned it into. Cloud-chasing is a game, just another form of entertainment for kids.

These explosions are being caused by idiots, not the people that know what they're doing. It's the idiots that are going to ruin everything for everyone, so why defend stupidity?

You wouldn't give your child a live hand grenade, would you?
Then why give a potential pipe-bomb to an idiot?

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I own several mechs and rebuildables. As far as I am concerned they are my insurance against the FDA deeming. ALL have heat springs which collapse if things go wrong. I also build them right around 1 ohm and use good 20 Amp batteries. I have NEVER seen a report of a REO blowing up though it is possible.

My point is that I learned how to handle them. Use the safest best quality devices I can get my hands on. Know my Ohm's law and how it applies to vaping.

Frankly I resent the heck out of anyone telling me my mechs should be taken away because some people are idiots. It is that kind of thinking that is leading us down the rabbit hole of over regulation as it is.

Make mechs illegal? Ok well they have to get them away from me first.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I own several mechs and rebuildables. As far as I am concerned they are my insurance against the FDA deeming. ALL have heat springs which collapse if things go wrong. I also build them right around 1 ohm and use good 20 Amp batteries. I have NEVER seen a report of a REO blowing up though it is possible.

My point is that I learned how to handle them. Use the safest best quality devices I can get my hands on. Know my Ohm's law and how it applies to vaping.

Frankly I resent the heck out of anyone telling me my mechs should be taken away because some people are idiots. It is that kind of thinking that is leading us down the rabbit hole of over regulation as it is.

Like our weapons they can get them when they pry them from our cold dead hands!

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
another unwitting person injured/ maimed by a dangerous product sold by an industry that fails to police itself and recklessly sells harmful products to the American public.
IMHO I do not believe this is a case of an industry not policing itself. Are car sales man required
to give their customers a safety course before a customer purchases a car? Does having a drivers
license mean one is a safe driver? Does being over 18 mean one is responsible?
As I have mentioned in other posts most of these incidents (not all) involve younger men.
As a generalization most young men will either ignore safety information (because they have
it covered you know) or, do not want to here it as they and their bro's know what they are
doing. There is a reason more younger men are involved in car accidents.

Clearly there are plenty of vendors supplying safety information. If the customer is
indifferent there's not much that can be done. I also find it hard to believe that there
could be vapors who haven't heard that some of these devices have exploded.

Just as an observation I have noticed all the tobacco/vape shops around here
do not even sell unregulated mods anymore. I do not believe this is a industry
problem nor necessarily a customer problem. Granted there are vendors and
customers that are clueless. It is the device itself that is the problem. Even if
one is completely versed in ohms law,battery safety and,knows ones device in
and out that just prevents the frequency of accidents. It is not a guarantee
one will not have a accident. The batteries are simply not made to be run at
(absolute)maximum current out put with out degrading the battery. Battery
specs are design parameters not operating instructions. Many people own
cars that will do 110 to 120 mph or more. Is it safe to drive them that fast
normally and in all conditions?
:2c:
Regards
Mike

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
IMHO I do not believe this is a case of an industry not policing itself. Are car sales man required
to give their customers a safety course before a customer purchases a car? Does having a drivers
As I have mentioned in other posts most of these incidents (not all) involve younger men.
As a generalization most young men will either ignore safety information (because they have
it covered you know) or, do not want to here it as they and their bro's know what they are

Clearly there are plenty of vendors supplying safety information. If the customer is
indifferent there's not much that can be done. I also find it hard to believe that there

customers that are clueless. It is the device itself that is the problem. Even if
Regards
Mike

It is not government's role to be our watchdog and conscience. Neither does gov typically achieve a good outcome when it tries. Like Jimmy Carter's failed (fake crisis) 55 mph speed limit. The public will exceed any limit. It's only a matter of (selectable) degree. So if gov so chooses it might seek to empower itself by regulating anything and everything just by drawing a line in the sand. And it does! That is not our form of government.

Gov all to often accomplishes little to curtail the effects they ostensibly would constrain. Just as with arms control regulations most are focused on the voluntary and compliant user…not the scofflaw, nor the criminal.

Then too I agree with most of your reasoning skoon but there are far too many wildcatters in this industry who are willing to shamelessly push the boundaries of consumer ignorance. Always have been. As much for profit as for opportunistic control. They are every bit as potentially dangerous as government's proclivity for overreach. In fact together and perhaps even encouraged they all too often form a synergistic bond. We should pursue all means to be rid of both.

As for unregulated (mechs), a receding tide, I'm leaning towards the perception that the dearth of offerings has little to do with lack of US vape consumer interest. Rather the likelihood that proposed changes in battery specs may afford chinacorp with boundless new horizons to push even more and powerful shinny-ness to the uninformed and hapless masses. Never mind the growing industry in re-skinned batteries. Gov would do little to stem that tsunami despite their gnawing and gnashing of teeth as long as it's their regulation that matters in the end. Maybe that's the idea. To give them rope serves their self-justifying purposes.

Who knows what the tide may bring after the present sea change?

Good luck. :)

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville

Regards
Mike
Here's two words to illustrate for you:
Pulse rating :nah:

Nuff said...

Reactions: skoony

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
The need for sensible regulation will always exist. Without it, companies would subvert safety for profits and this does not end well at all for the consumer. Look at what happens when companies fail to follow standards when processing food for consumption. You end up with a lot of sick (or dead) people.

Saying the government needs to .... out totally is just as bad as government's over regulating. Sadly, there tends to be no middle ground.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
The common justification that we need some government (organization, not necessarily institution) is based on the premise that what benefits our neighbors helps us too. Or we could just live our lives that way.

I would gladly endorse sensible gov regulations…when gov learns to follow the law, as most of us would and do anyway.

And after all, gov is expensive! It's hard work to confuse, frustrate and stifle most everyone while showing not much for it.

Good luck all. :)

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East

It's a very distinct possibility if the "idiot explosions" continue....and you know they will.

Apply for a License | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

Fireworks | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

StateFireworkLawsSummary.gif

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Like our weapons they can get them when they pry them from our cold dead hands!

Charlton Heston (nor anyone else for that matter) wouldn't be going to prison for exercising their 2nd amendment right.

But I'd bet you'd be singing a different tune if police showed up at your door with a warrant for your arrest on a felony charge, hm?

"Give up the mech or prison time?"

Option A: Give it up, hire a good lawyer, pay a hefty fine and get probation. Buy a DNA mod or one that's heavily protected.

Option B: Pry it out my cold dead hand! = (lose the mech anyway), hire a good lawyer, pay a hefty fine and spend 3-5 years in a federal penitentiary. But by the time you got out of prison, vaping would be an afterthought cuz you already went cold-turkey in prison.

Hmmmm....tough choice huh?

Got that right!

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
It's a very distinct possibility if the "idiot explosions" continue....and you know they will.
You are either deliberately ignoring what I am saying or trying to stir the pot.

The reality is with mechs. Even if they banned them (possible). Even if they went into every home in the country and confiscated every mech (extremely unlikely). They cannot stop mechs. Almost anyone could build their own mech in an afternoon. Even me and I am not particularly good with tools.

Even if they continue on the path they are on to effectively ban vaping in its entirety(deeming will do this nicely if it is not changed). Vaping will not be stopped. There are many of us that simply will not be stopped or cowed. They want to put me in jail for it? Go ahead I am an old lady, it solves my retirement problems. ;)

The reality is bans only work if people willingly comply with them. Many will not.

EDIT: After seeing your next post, You are deliberately stirring the pot. Not worth the effort to argue with. Have fun!

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
You are either deliberately ignoring what I am saying or trying to stir the pot.

The reality is with mechs. Even if they banned them (possible). Even if they went into every home in the country and confiscated every mech (extremely unlikely). They cannot stop mechs. Almost anyone could build their own mech in an afternoon. Even me and I am not particularly good with tools.

Just like anyone has the potential of building their own DIY pipe-bomb.

Pretty clear what happens to "those guys".

Even worse if they explode......

If mechs were to ever be banned or you'd need an explosives license to use one, those that would flagrantly ignore the law with bad cliche's in hand would suffer the consequences of an extremely bad choice.

But if that's your mission, then all I have to say is...."Don't drop the soap!" :D

Last edited:

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Knock it off

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Knock it off

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    The FDA or other government entity could have released recommendations or info about the problems with mechs. There is no need to ban anything, in fact that kind of activity destroys their credibility. But they don't seem interested in improving anything in any way they can't make mandatory.

Mechs shouldn't be outlawed because they aren't really much of anything: A battery holder, switch, connector. How can that be defined without affecting things it shouldn't or be easily sidestepped?

The need for sensible regulation will always exist. Without it, companies would subvert safety for profits and this does not end well at all for the consumer. Look at what happens when companies fail to follow standards when processing food for consumption. You end up with a lot of sick (or dead) people.

Saying the government needs to .... out totally is just as bad as government's over regulating. Sadly, there tends to be no middle ground.

The government has proven itself incapable of being sensible in some areas to the extent that no trust is left. As nothing has fully taken effect yet, there is still some time, but the current path is a terrible missed opportunity to do things differently.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 7, 2011
    South East
    The FDA or other government entity could have released recommendations or info about the problems with mechs. There is no need to ban anything, in fact that kind of activity destroys their credibility. But they don't seem interested in improving anything in any way they can't make mandatory.

Mechs shouldn't be outlawed because they aren't really much of anything: A battery holder, switch, connector. How can that be defined without affecting things it shouldn't or be easily sidestepped?

The government has proven itself incapable of being sensible in some areas to the extent that no trust is left. As nothing has fully taken effect yet, there is still some time, but the current path is a terrible missed opportunity to do things differently.

And just how many people would even get FDA news if they didn't have the net or didn't surf a forum like the ECF? The people that would need to know the dangers can't even absorb what their vendor advises let alone comprehend what a government agency publishes.

And then there's the manufacturers that clearly don't test their products before selling them to unsuspecting mech users. Whoever made this thing clearly didn't use their head. And the vendor probably wouldn't have suspected anything's wrong either. But whose going to get hurt in the end?

The user and anyone else that's within a 10 foot radius when it explodes.

Mechanicals are just dangerous....period.

And in the hands an idiot, they're bombs.

Last edited:
    Reactions: ENAUD

Falco78

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 29, 2014
    United States
    And just how many people would even get FDA news if they didn't have the net or didn't surf a forum like the ECF? The people that would need to know the dangers can't even absorb what their vendor advises let alone comprehend what a government agency publishes.

And then there's the manufacturers that clearly don't test their products before selling them to unsuspecting mech users. Whoever made this thing clearly didn't use their head. And the vendor probably wouldn't have suspected anything's wrong either. But whose going to get hurt in the end?

The user and anyone else that's within a 10 foot radius when it explodes.

Mechanicals are just dangerous....period.

And in the hands an idiot, they're bombs.

Car keys are even more dangerous in the hands of an idiot

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread