Cisco

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2009
NY, State of denial
www.avidvaper.com
Very nice...

How do you ground the atty connector?

Separate ground wire from the atty connector to the Circuit board. The board makes contact with the shell via solder pads. When the bushing is pressed in it compresses the solder pads against the shell.

Cisco...

Dave Rickey

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Austin TX
Regular dual volt magnum style mod but with a cool paint job (props to Hangtime for modding this classic flame style first http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/36238-saw-looked-like-nice-mod-2.html ) I used a piece of black acetal for the 510 atty bushing and polished it to a satin finish and a yellow LED to closely match the yellow in the paint.
Is Acetal as easy to work as they say it is? I'm currently using Acrylic, which is fine for the immediate purpose I'm putting it to (because it will be internal to the device), but in the future I was hoping to use it for aesthetic effect, and to machine it (and I understand Acrylic is a major PITA on a lathe or mill). If I could find Acetal tubing 3/4" ID 7/8" OD, I'd be all over that. But I can't find anything that large with walls thinner than 1/8".

--Dave

Cisco

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2009
NY, State of denial
www.avidvaper.com
Is Acetal as easy to work as they say it is? I'm currently using Acrylic, which is fine for the immediate purpose I'm putting it to (because it will be internal to the device), but in the future I was hoping to use it for aesthetic effect, and to machine it (and I understand Acrylic is a major PITA on a lathe or mill). If I could find Acetal tubing 3/4" ID 7/8" OD, I'd be all over that. But I can't find anything that large with walls thinner than 1/8".

--Dave

Yes, Acetal(Delrin) is very easy to machine, its a self lubricating material and has excellent insulating properties, its very dense and can be machined to very tight tolerances.

Acrylic is a PITA to machine, enough said...:)

Cisco...

supertrkre2812

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
Palatka, Fl
www.xtremevaping.com
That is one awesome looking mod.
I have been reading about the flashlight mods for a while now, and i am about ready to try my hand at it. I have a little experience with soldering and stuff. I was a aircraft electrical systems technician in the Air Force a while back. I guess soldering is like walking, with a little practice it all comes back to you. LOL.
I have decided to use a rubbery feeling cheap flashlight i got from home depot. It was 10 for $10. Inside it uses a compression spring for the ground.
I can not post pics yet i dont think, but i will try to get a couple of pics up of the flashlight and see what you all think about my idea.
It seems when the switch over to the new servers happened, my post count dropped down to 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread