Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Awesome, thanks Classwife :)

I did notice my thread was originally locked, for whatever reason, not sure if it was automatic or something that I did. I'm still getting used to the new forum, so the latter is a possibility.
You're not the first Jamez, and I'm sure you won't be the last, to accidentally close the ad early. :)

CrazyNight

Verified Member
Sep 10, 2014
NY USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope I'm posting this question in the right place. I'm preparing to put some gear up for sale for the first time and my main question is in regard to photos...

I take a lot of pictures of each item I have for sale (all angles to display everything that a buyer could want to see) and so I'm wondering:

1. Is there a certain limit to the number of photos I should post in a for sale ad?

2. What is the best way to embed my photos in my ads for optimal viewing?

I'd like to make sure that my pics display at a good size, not super small and hard to see.

I have a solid grasp on the technical aspects of everything in regard to the web in general (I do a lot of web hosting account setups and PHP script installations such etc... so I live & breathe FTP, DNS, HTTP, URL resolutions and so on) , but I'm not familiar with this forum's For Sale / Classifieds features yet so I'm looking for advice and recommendations for the best & preferred methods.

Thanks for any input!

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hi CrazyNight, and welcome! :)

1. There is no limit to the number of photos, the more the better in some cases. There's no rule on it, other than you must post your own photos, but consider the space you take up/how much someone would have to scroll.
2. To post photos, you can drag and drop them into the post where you want them. The forum will size them the width of the post, or what fits, and give the viewer an option to click for full size. Consider sizing your photos for optimal viewing on an average screen prior to posting for best results (so clicking to enlarge doesn't mean 1/8 of the photo shows when enlarged).

Another option for posting photos is a 3rd-party service like imgur or photobucket, and using the BBCode links to post your photos.

I hope this helps! :)

Reactions: CrazyNight

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I don't see any closed ads for you. In general, be careful not to uncheck the Open box under the Thread Tools option at the top. That actually closes the thread, which will then show the padlock icon.

I'm guessing you figured that out and that is why I can't find a locked thread for you. :)

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I just moved a few closed threads to Closed...

I am wondering if the "Open Thread" box is getting checked/unchecked...this has happened a couple of times the past few days.

I'll move you back to open ads.

I have noticed as soon as I post even though I am logged in it takes me to a page to re-log in. << NO biggie.. BUT

Then when the post makes it way through it *IS* automatically closed. I have to go immediately after and uncheck the box to open it for questions. This started about a week or two ago.

Similar on posting pics while building (they never insert), they don't show up until the thread is posted and I go back in to advance edit and then re-select "insert image" and then the image appears just fine.

It works, just takes requires a few steps and remembering.

I'm using Firefox.

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Hello, I have a question. I know there is a strict "no clones" policy and I respect that.

I was wondering about something for a long time, why are some allowed to sell Kayfun/ Russian Clones? Never really cared, just always tumbled around in my head.

Reason Im asking is because I bought a pair of clones for adding parts of to my genuines. Unfortunately they dont fit and one of them I just out right goofed and bought a giant version of it, so Im never going to use it.

If I send them back to FT, it will probably end up costing me just about what I paid. One has no logos, etchings, brands and the other has a goofy swirly design, but both are obvious that they are not the real thing.

Can I put those up in the classifieds?

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Clones are not prohibited, but counterfeits are. Here is a clip from the rules which should help:

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...idelines-updated-often-without-notice.266555/

17. Counterfeit products will not be allowed to be sold on ECF, no matter if the item is described as such or not (see definitions below). Items being sold should never be misrepresented, for example, listing a counterfeit product as the authentic product. Members found knowingly misrepresenting a cloned device as authentic WILL lose their Verified Member status and may risk being banned from ECF. Ads found listing a counterfeit product will be closed and member advised of violation.

Unacceptable
Counterfeit - Counterfeits will basically be an exact replica of the original and not so much tied to the shape as it is more the markings. The shape would come into play if there are unique characteristics of the device. This can include grooves, cutouts, coloring, or trademarks in specific locations.

Acceptable
Clone - Can be similar in size, shape, and even design but will not contain the same markings or colors. As long as the device can be distinguished as different from the original, not just by the word clone, it will be considered a clone. Just by declaring a device a clone in it's title or description will not necessarily make it a clone. The clone device should be absent of all characteristics contained in the original, grooves, cutouts, coloring, or trademarks.

**As long as the device can be distinguished as different from the original, not just by the word clone, it will be considered a clone.​

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Thank you so much. I guess both pieces would be considered "clones" not counterfeits. I might take some photos and put them up and cross fingers they dont break a rule or 2... Thanks so very much.

I try my best to "behave" on this great forum. It has helped me out so much in my "vape career"

Thanks so sonicdsl.... :)

Reactions: sonicdsl

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have noticed as soon as I post even though I am logged in it takes me to a page to re-log in. << NO biggie.. BUT

Then when the post makes it way through it *IS* automatically closed. I have to go immediately after and uncheck the box to open it for questions. This started about a week or two ago.

Similar on posting pics while building (they never insert), they don't show up until the thread is posted and I go back in to advance edit and then re-select "insert image" and then the image appears just fine.

It works, just takes requires a few steps and remembering.

I'm using Firefox.

It does that to me every time I start a new ad.

I'm using Chrome.

First of all, ensure you're using the secure site (in other words, make sure the URL starts with https). If you attempt to switch between the secure and non-secure URLs, you will be logged out. (This is a browser limitation and nothing we can do about it.)

Images may not show immediately upon posting as they have to be caught by the cache and then redisplayed as a secure image. Try waiting a minute or so, then refresh the page. The images should show.

We'll double check the form and make sure it's pointing to the proper URL as well.

Reactions: Ricky Spanish

Ricky Spanish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
First of all, ensure you're using the secure site (in other words, make sure the URL starts with https).

Indeed it is https, has been since the change to xenforo I believe. (At least that's when I noticed it)

We'll double check the form and make sure it's pointing to the proper URL as well.

Just as a test, opening the new thread button to start an ad also opens as https,

Code:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forms/classifieds-for-sale-trade.28/respond

Thanks for your response and for looking into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread