Status
Not open for further replies.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I thinks it’s very optimistic of you to think anyone associated with the forum will answer this. It has become very clear no one in a position of responsibility cares about this any longer. They’ve had months to give us an update and failed at every opportunity to even acknowledge there is a problem.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Is there a history us new folks are unaware of? Like too many people skirting the rules or something?

I frequent another forum that had a vibrant marketplace for a while and eventually it was halted due to so many folks disobeying a few simple rules. Now it has a 'want to sell' and 'want to trade' section where you first off have to be a site supporter to participate in the 'sell' section. And it is monitored by two bouncers who keep things orderly.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No,I get censored from time to time for skirting the rules and I got classified access, etc.

Frankly I think it's the person who used to do them just not doing them anymore.

And I WISH the newcomers would get classified access for the purely simple rule that like, the more the merrier. No one currently in the classifieds is going to want to buy one of my provaris for example, and I think there would be more activity and in a good way and etc.

So that is my "one dollar" of classifieds thoughts, which is how I did it the paypal way.

I do personally think the site shouldn't advertise the classifieds as open if new people can't join. .I realize it can be a chore and whatever, but if no one is validating new classifieds members they should not be paying a dollar and then getting... Nothing.

Anna

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Classy did update on this; Verified Member Explained With More Detail (FAQ included)

My thoughts are there is a lot of nagging about an issue that ran along pretty smoothly until verification became an issue. In order to protect the masses only one person had access to your info.

Do you think that
ECF made a penny off your sales, or in any way profits from the classified? No, but I'm sure EBAY did
ECF is pulling back to protect your info? Yes
ECF Admins are subject to everyday issues like family, health? Yes
ECF classifieds were a convenience to it's members? Yes

You don't know what you have until it's gone. Maybe take a few minutes to be grateful, kind and humble

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Maybe take a minute and tell members publicly to not apply for verification until said issues are addressed. Hard to feel gratitude for something you took the time & paid for to only get silence as to why you've gotten nothing. The members time and dollar are as valuable as the moderators is.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
From what I can see, verification via PayPal isn't enabled at the moment, so no more dollars can be sent, anyway. And, for me, verification via ebay isn't an option (not active enough there to have earned enough feedback--though it would have been positive, I promise!!!). So no classifieds for me, regardless. Too bad. It would've been fun to poke around in there.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Classy did update on this; Verified Member Explained With More Detail (FAQ included)

My thoughts are there is a lot of nagging about an issue that ran along pretty smoothly until verification became an issue. In order to protect the masses only one person had access to your info.

Do you think that
ECF made a penny off your sales, or in any way profits from the classified? No, but I'm sure EBAY did
ECF is pulling back to protect your info? Yes
ECF Admins are subject to everyday issues like family, health? Yes
ECF classifieds were a convenience to it's members? Yes

You don't know what you have until it's gone. Maybe take a few minutes to be grateful, kind and humble
I'm not much of an X'er but I just do not agree. So basically - "You (the members) made noise because you had valid concerns (privacy) so bleep you - we still make plenty of money"

I respectfully disagree

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
The point is not really whether the classified will ever work again or not but rather have the common courtesy to tell us the status. How hard is for a single admin to find the 30 seconds it would take to tell us A) we are working on it and expect results by X date, or B) we gave up on it, C) etc… this ha been an ongoing question since May 2018 the last time Joker was heard from.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
It's their site. They have rules and policies. It's just stuff.

Get past it folks.
It’s been an issue longer than you’ve been a member. Not an issue of getting past it as you say. It’s an issue of the entire staff being inconsiderate and non-responsive to the question of the status of the classifieds.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
My last post on this subject...

I was wanting to get verified when I joined. The reason I didn't is because I did not like that I had to jump through hoops for what ecf looked upon as a privilege. I alone am responsible for my online safety and don't need ecf to babysit me. I love it here, just took my money elsewhere.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    The Classies use to be a hot spot to be at one time here on ECF, kind of dead nowadays.

They are not as active as they use to be, but they are not dead, I bought a kayfun prime a few weeks ago from there and a few days ago bought a squape, still good deals to be had, and wish they would figure it out, if they did, maybe would become more active again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread