• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

cleaned my atomisers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deception

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2011
Singapore
today i tried to clean my 510-T atty by following the same procedure using this http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-maintenance/226241-ego-t-atomizer-step-step-cleaning-maintenance-shaka-zuluf.html then i realise my wick is not capped at the end like the ego-t atty. although i manage to thread it back to the needle plate hole but is there anyway to like fix a metal cap in just like an ego-t so that subsequent cleaning is much easier when i thread it back into the needle plate hole?

Syn007

Ashes to Ashless
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
GreenEarth
today i tried to clean my 510-T atty by following the same procedure using this http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-maintenance/226241-ego-t-atomizer-step-step-cleaning-maintenance-shaka-zuluf.html then i realise my wick is not capped at the end like the ego-t atty. although i manage to thread it back to the needle plate hole but is there anyway to like fix a metal cap in just like an ego-t so that subsequent cleaning is much easier when i thread it back into the needle plate hole?

Not necessary to cap it. But if you want to do it, you can use lipton teabag. SimpleCJ's eGo-T wick mod thread has some good info on it. Personally, i prefer not to as the liquid won't flow so well if capped.

Alternatively, you can tie knots. Read this thread by DEATHTOCIGS. Shows you how to replace the wick with zippo wicks too. But the part about burning it and stuff are not necessary, you just need to unravel the metal wire and cotton threads, take out the silica and use it accordingly. I myself use the silica fibre inside the zippo wicks to make my atties brand new.

If you are not a hands-on type of person, just use those CE2 type clearomizers. Saves all the trouble.

Currynoah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ah.. i think i know just the place.. I thought must go to those "77th Street" to get them..

Haha... If you wanna get Zippo parts right down to the flints, it's usually those old mamak shops. 77th street is for ppl who wants a new Zippo... They do sell the parts, but you wouldn't want to buy it. What am I saying??? :confused:

Sorry dude.. Haven't kena coffee yet. :laugh:

Last edited:

deception

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2011
Singapore
Haha... If you wanna get Zippo parts right down to the flints, it's usually those old mamak shops. 77th street is for ppl who wants a new Zippo... They do sell the parts, but you wouldn't want to buy it. What am I saying??? :confused:

Sorry dude.. Haven't kena coffee yet. :laugh:

lol.. you need coffee vapes.. quick get a straw and a cup of hot coffee and start sucking it in from the steam it produces..

deception

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2011
Singapore
LoL~ and i think what curry is saying 77st do carry them but their price is quite high even though its only parts...

ahuh... Sorry if I didn't make it clear enough... :matrix:

haha I do know what he's trying to get me.. we should support our old gen trades too.. tomorrow i'll visit my fav indian shop.. he should have it since he had been surprising me with cool stuffs when i roll my own analogs.

lictenau

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2011
at home
From the internet;
A 3.7v device with a standard atty; 3ohms
Voltage 3.7v divided by an atty that is 3ohms = 1.23amps
The heat produced by this is determined by the power in watts which is 3.7v multiplied by 1.23amps = 4.563watts

I'm frying my at LR atty;
3.7v / 1.5ohms = 2.46amps
3.7v * 2.46amps = 9.126watts

carto gets hot to touch after 5 pulls. but no restricted flow. infact the second pull is always the best. the fifth one would be hot and a bit burnt.

Syn007

Ashes to Ashless
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
GreenEarth
I bought the zippo wicks at CCK lot 1, 3rd or 4th floor if i remember correctly. 77th street style shop that sells zippo lighters. $2.50 per wick, one wick can do replacement on the atties about 6-10 times. You probably won't need to replace the newly made wicks after you did it once, the silica fibre from the zippo wicks are very good quality and wouldn't become brown/black like the default ones.

Last edited:

deception

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2011
Singapore
I bought the zippo wicks at CCK lot 1, 3rd or 4th floor if i remember correctly. 77th street style shop that sells zippo lighters. $2.50 per wick, one wick can do replacement on the atties about 6-10 times. You probably won't need to replace the newly made wicks after you did it once, the silica fibre from the zippo wicks are very good quality and wouldn't become brown/black like the default ones.

Wow CCK! That's the place I frequent during my army days 6 yrs ago. Definitely not heading that way as I stay in the east and work in the Bt Timah area.

I'll hunt for mine during my lunch break later. Anyway when you are removing the cotton wick does the silica get loosen out easily? Or it's bind together by itself separated from the cotton ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread