Cleaning a new tank assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new tank I just bought and need to clean it. Only problem is no running water due to a busted pipe that won't be fixed until Monday.
Normally I would just wait, but it came with a mod that I'm debating on buying just a second mod or the set again because loving the mod. So I want to try this tank before they sell out of the color I like.
Now, while no running water out of pipes we do have plenty of the big water jugs for our water cooler that puts out hot and cold water but I can't run the water over the pieces out of it because it has no drain and trying to keep a container to catch water there while pressing the button for water plus holding the tank will not end well for me. I can take a cup of water and pour over but it won't have the normal faucet pressure so not sure if it will be enough. No water bottles with the tops on there I could squeeze the water out of there either.
I do normally soak my tanks in diluted rubbing alcohol as well and that I can still do.
Any thoughts or suggestions on the best way to clean this new tank with my water limitation?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I have a new tank I just bought and need to clean it. Only problem is no running water due to a busted pipe that won't be fixed until Monday.
Normally I would just wait, but it came with a mod that I'm debating on buying just a second mod or the set again because loving the mod. So I want to try this tank before they sell out of the color I like.
Now, while no running water out of pipes we do have plenty of the big water jugs for our water cooler that puts out hot and cold water but I can't run the water over the pieces out of it because it has no drain and trying to keep a container to catch water there while pressing the button for water plus holding the tank will not end well for me. I can take a cup of water and pour over but it won't have the normal faucet pressure so not sure if it will be enough. No water bottles with the tops on there I could squeeze the water out of there either.
I do normally soak my tanks in diluted rubbing alcohol as well and that I can still do.
Any thoughts or suggestions on the best way to clean this new tank with my water limitation?
1.Heat up some water.
2.Use soap and hot water to wash and rinse new tank.
4.Profit!

Cheers
I

Reactions: stols001

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I would not clean with rubbing alcohol period, diluted or otherwise. Maybe Vodka. I do clean mine sometimes, sometimes I forget. I have forgotten and can taste some type of something. In your situation I would swish it around in a cup of water with like 1 drop of soap. Swish it around in another cup of water to rinse it.

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
In this modern world I really really do think we overthink things a bit much ... but then again I was a kid in the 1950s who spent a lot of time on hill country farms where in the early days the toilet was a dry one outdoors ... and I accept this might colour my thinking.

Were it me, I'd pour a very large Scotch into a bowl, dunk the blessed thing in it for a bit, leave it there for maybe a quarter of an hour, give the ouside of it a bit of a wipe, load it up and vape it.

As to the whisky it had been soaked in - I'd add water to taste and drink it while vaping the device.

Last edited:

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
Just put it in hot water, no need to waste whiskey or vodka, give it a soak and dry and you will be good to go, I don't bother unless I can see machine oil residue and my other tanks just get a bath if they look gunked up,but yeah I do agree with using vodka ect on a new tank if it shows any residue but I'm averse to wasting good spirits Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread