Status
Not open for further replies.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I've read somewhere several times about people saying they clean their attys using a sonic cleaner. I've never really payed attention to it cause I don't have one.. but my friend does and she wants to know if you use just plain water or something else.. what is the procedure for it.. how long to leave them in there and so on. Thanks for any replies!

Mikey3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Monmouth County NJ
I'm about 6 days new to vaping and 2 days ago my atty was tasting burnt and disgusting no matter what i did. I did some research and someone recommended Crest mouth wash, shake them around in the mouthwash for about 15 minutes or so, and soak in hot water for a few more minutes. Rinse thoroughly and let dry for a couple hours.

So i did this and the results: No more burning taste! Had some mouthwash taste but that disappeared after a few vapes. Does not have to be any specific mouthwash as i Used some purple listerine i had. Worked like a charm.

Now every night when im done vaping, Ill just rinse under hot water, blow out on both ends a few times to get the excess out and let dry over night. Works like a charm

redgypsy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Southern California
I read a post somewhere else here that the guy used an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner, but used vodka or grain alcohol (Everclear). NOT isopropyl. His had a 3 min automatic cycle. He ran it 3 times (9 min). He also specified that the vibrations that worked best were between 40-50,000. (I think the standard on the jewelry cleaners is about 42-45,000.) I understand you have to be careful with anything that utilizes glue in its construction because the alcohol will dissolve it, but I don't think the attys have any glue.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I read a post somewhere else here that the guy used an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner, but used vodka or grain alcohol (Everclear). NOT isopropyl. His had a 3 min automatic cycle. He ran it 3 times (9 min). He also specified that the vibrations that worked best were between 40-50,000. (I think the standard on the jewelry cleaners is about 42-45,000.) I understand you have to be careful with anything that utilizes glue in its construction because the alcohol will dissolve it, but I don't think the attys have any glue.
I read that also but haven't been able to find the post again! Thought I had it bookmarked but I didn't :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread