Status
Not open for further replies.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I'm sure this has been covered before but please bare with me. I've got some empty 3ml amber glass bottles with eye droppers, that I'm wanting to reuse. One night I gave them a good 15min boil, rinse, 15min boil, rinse, then upside to dry. Next day repeated the same process. 2 boils and 2 rinses. Air dry overnight. Brought em and all the 30ml and 50ml bottles to work and got ready to fill the little ones up. They all still smell of old juice. Can the glass bottles be cleaned? I really thought the boiling would work. It's time for me to ask the pro's. Thanks.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I'm sorry but I'm laughing. I use vinegar in my CPAP breathing equipment. I tried once to clean some vaping stuff with it and didn't get it rinsed good enough. Needless to say vinegar and juice and vapor DO NOT MIX. I will try the vinegar though. I'll try and do it just like my breathing equipment. About a 3 to 1 ratio maybe?
And I'll be extra sure it rinse extremely well this time. Thanks adeline.

Charlie C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I do a couple of different things that work for me.
First method is to fill them with soda pop like 7 up or mountain dew and leave them overnight. Coke works great too.
Then I wash them in warm water with dishsoap and rinse in hot water.
It IS the dropplers that keep the smell.

Another good thing to use is lemon and or lime juice overnight and then the same.

Third. I use them for juices that I carry when I go out.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i clean my bottles (glass and plastic) in warm soapy water. i let them sit in a soapy bath overnight and in the morning i rinse them out and theyre good as new. a small percentage of the bottles retain the smell (the stronger, more flavored ones typically, but not always), and those i just chuck or refill with the same juice.

Tracker II

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
i clean my bottles (glass and plastic) in warm soapy water. i let them sit in a soapy bath overnight and in the morning i rinse them out and theyre good as new. a small percentage of the bottles retain the smell (the stronger, more flavored ones typically, but not always), and those i just chuck or refill with the same juice.

My procedure exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread