'Cleaning Cycle' type deposit removal experiments / discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
This topic was discussed a bit before in the middle of a thread on another topic, so start a new thread here since some positive results have appeared in the general discussion forum:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...sion/13172-revived-dead-901-atomizer-wow.html

If I remember correctly, this didn't work for everyone back then, even using an external power source. Perhaps it's the 'works if atomizer not too old/bad' situation, or perhaps need some other variation on the technique?

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
The nichrome wire can take a lot of heating without damage in normal conditions; a toaster for example glows red as it's normal operating temperature.

However, there are reports of the cleaning cycle killing attys - presumably because once the deposit is too thick the heat insulation of it raises the temperature too high.

How about performing a burn-off every day and see if a new shiny atty can be kept that way?

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
I have a JOYE306a atomizer that I've been vaping on for weeks. A few days ago I cleaned it for the second time, the first time being 2 weeks ago.

Well, after I boiled it in a vinegar/water solution, I let it dry. Then I connected it to a battery and blew on it to fire it up. I did this for a few seconds at a time for a couple of minutes and got the atomizer red hot. Then I tapped the atomizer on the counter and tiny black and gray (looked sorta like pepper, lol) hard bits came off. Vaped great after that! I didn't realize how clogged it was getting until after I tried it clean.

It's hard to see the 306 atomizers because of the wicking under the bridge but I know that I could see it clearly when it was fired up bone dry.

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
I posted this in another thread so I guess I should repeat it here...

Well, I don't want to divert this thread, and it has probably been discussed elsewhere here, but I am wondering about the importance of the "hated" cleaning cycle...

I am only dealing with M401 atomizers, which don't have a cleaning cycle; however, my wife (who does vape more than me) can totally gunk her M401 atomizers in about a week. I am still using the same atomizer for over a month now and the coil is slighly black, but no real buildup and I never clean or drain. One difference in our usages is that I often use mine in my car and the sensitive switch sticks on and heats the atomizer until it cuts off. I am thinking that this may well be keeping my atomizer relatively clean.

Maybe the cleaning cycles don't occur often enough on most atomizers... deal with the bad taste for a bit, or deal with dead atomizers?

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
I rinse/drain the atomizer on my m401's, then attach the battery and blow on the LED end for 3 or 4 shots of 6 seconds in a row (try get as close the cutoff as you can). The burns most of the guck off.

You can watch in a mirror to make sure you're activating the power. Works great.

You guys have to remember, cigar users have been doing this from the beginning. When it gets a bit weak, you drain it and hit the clean button till the crap is burned off. ( That's right in the instructions, I didn't come up with it )

The more juice you get out of the atomizer, the less "burned" taste you get.
I generally rinse mine with plain hot top water (yep, cigars too), then blow them out, then a couple shots of heat. ZERO aftertaste with that method.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread