Cleaning Syringes & Needles

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellowsnow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
New Mexico
Make sure to use clear nail polish on the syringes to keep the markings from wearing off. I just use extremely hot water to clean my syringes and let them air dry. If you want to sterilize them do a draw of alcohol and allow to air dry after the hot water wash.

X2 using very hot water.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Just pump some hot water through them. Sterilizing isn't really needed, think about how that vapor gets made (hot coil) and nicotine will probably kill off most anything that might get into your liquidsanyway. I'd say view them as you view utensils in the kitchen used for cooking, kept clean but no need to sterilize.

Just keep them clean and only use them for DIY, not insulin injections or other, more nefarious, purposes, LOL.

My big concern with my collection of needles and syringes, strictly for DIY of course, is what would happen if the police ever searched the house. It might be a little difficult to get them to believe me.

SCHMUSTIN

Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
Red Deer, AB, CA
Just pump some hot water through them. Sterilizing isn't really needed, think about how that vapor gets made (hot coil) and nicotine will probably kill off most anything that might get into your liquidsanyway. I'd say view them as you view utensils in the kitchen used for cooking, kept clean but no need to sterilize.

Just keep them clean and only use them for DIY, not insulin injections or other, more nefarious, purposes, LOL.

My big concern with my collection of needles and syringes, strictly for DIY of course, is what would happen if the police ever searched the house. It might be a little difficult to get them to believe me.

Do you police have a reason to search your house? If they don't, don't give them a reason and I would think that even if they did they would to test them and they would find that there was no narcotics in them.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Sometimes, if I've been mixing a bunch of different samples and have a lot that needs to be cleaned, I'll throw everything into a strainer, fill the sink with hot water and put in a little splash of bleach. Soak, rinse and air dry.
If there are only a few things I'll rinse them with hot water and run PGA through them and let them air dry.

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
My house got robbed 2 weeks ago and the police searched my bedroom, of course, the robbers took all the vaping stuff :)blink:) but yeah, it can happen. Long story, but I got all the vaping stuff back - you should have seen the detective's face when he handed me two giant bags full of vaping and DIY stuff. No discussion of syringes - but I don't use the needle kind.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I use blunt needles so that isn't a concern for me. However, in passing, when people see me DIY'ing, I get very strange looks.

Tell me about it. I have a cup with 8 syringes sitting on my desk and my kids (All adults) keep telling me to put them away before I get busted.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
I went to CVS and asked the pharmacy tech about buying a bunch of syringes about a month ago to help me fill my eRoll cartridges, and she was more than happy to help me. She has been desperately trying to get her mother to quit smoking, and when I showed her the eRoll and its cartridge, she really pulled through in trying to help me out. Unfortunately, none of the syringes were blunt, which I told her that I would prefer, and the gauge of the needles didn't work with my 100% VG juices. Oh well...again, a collar can really come in handy, plus I had the opportunity to educate her a bit, which might help her help her mother quit smoking.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
Sed, I use these for filling my eRoll. Well, for almost everything really. Great for cartos and tanks, the davides, etc. This is the best price I've found without buying in bulk or from China. Empty 10mL Needle Tip Bottle

Yeah, I got some needle tip bottle tops from Mt. Baker, and they work great for refilling eRoll cartridges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread