Cleaning up a spill

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinsimon

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Ok so I was filling in a dim lit room and my eyes aren't too good these days. Anyway I went to put a drip or two in the atty, and instead of a drip it must have came out as a stream, cause it filled the atty to the top, and was leaking all over the place. I immediately dumped it in the ash tray, and went and washed up, not knowing if having that much on my hands could be harmful or not. I came back and started cleaning up and wiping down my cig, luckily nothing got on the table or floor, I made it o the ash tray so most of it went in there and some on a piece of paper.
Anyway. With 24mg liquid, how dangerous is a spill? To have it wet all over your fingers and stuff. Is that seriously dangerous or? If so maybe I should start using gloves when filling, and start filling inside a plastic box or something in case of a spill.
I had no idea how bad it could be so I freaked a little and washed my hands like crazy, how dangerous is this stuff?

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Ok so I was filling in a dim lit room and my eyes aren't too good these days. Anyway I went to put a drip or two in the atty, and instead of a drip it must have came out as a stream, cause it filled the atty to the top, and was leaking all over the place. I immediately dumped it in the ash tray, and went and washed up, not knowing if having that much on my hands could be harmful or not. I came back and started cleaning up and wiping down my cig, luckily nothing got on the table or floor, I made it o the ash tray so most of it went in there and some on a piece of paper.
Anyway. With 24mg liquid, how dangerous is a spill? To have it wet all over your fingers and stuff. Is that seriously dangerous or? If so maybe I should start using gloves when filling, and start filling inside a plastic box or something in case of a spill.
I had no idea how bad it could be so I freaked a little and washed my hands like crazy, how dangerous is this stuff?

I've had juice on my hands many times. I just wash with soap & water. Haven't had any issues yettttttttttt L::Vk;4;t4poypm;fm;fpeppe
ARUGGGgggggggg <snort> ???...:shock::D:D

Seriously, wash up, and it shouldn't be a problem.

bzlytbeer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2009
Monee, IL (near Chicago)
it would depend on how much, the length of time it was on your skin, and how fast your skin would/could absorb it. the main thing is to get it off right away and wash the area of your skin it came in contact with. i have spilled a whole 30 ml bottle on my hands/pants/shirt. i took off the clothes, and washed in all of 3 minutes, and was just fine. bummed, but just fine. sorry for no caps, holding my baby.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
it would depend on how much, the length of time it was on your skin, and how fast your skin would/could absorb it. the main thing is to get it off right away and wash the area of your skin it came in contact with. i have spilled a whole 30 ml bottle on my hands/pants/shirt. i took off the clothes, and washed in all of 3 minutes, and was just fine. bummed, but just fine. sorry for no caps, holding my baby.

RULE #1 - Don't spill juice on the baby8-o

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
That's good information. I get it all over me but wondered about spilling a whole bottle. Definitely need to wash quickly though

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009

In your case, it's good that you moved fast. When a liquid is spilled on your clothes, it's not good. It's like holding a chemical soaked sponge against your skin. The effects are much different when it's concentrated like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread