Clearing out you sinuses; aka vaping through your nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanwhosits

Mar 22, 2018
So my initial interest in vaping through my nose, as in inhailing with with the mouthpiece stuck up one nostril; was because I'm fighting a cold and the coughing has made my throat to sensitive for a normal hit.

My first impression was I could only take a small hit. It does burn a bit, but it goes away immediately. The next thing I noticed was that the nostril I hit with was clear and I could finally breath through it.

So, it avoided the throat hit that was making me cough, my nose was clear, and my nic-fit was sated.

Has anyone heard of any deleterious effects of doing this? Nasal damage? Thanks in advance for any insights you can offer.

Edward Denison

Jan 25, 2018
Talent, Oregon, U.S.A.
Used to do it almost every winter as a kid. My vape was a 12 inch diameter brown tank and ivory colored atomizer plugged into a 110 wall outlet:w00t:. Mom mixed water and a health dose eucalyptus oil or mentholatum. Don't see why vg/pg would be a problem, I exhale through my nose when smoking or vaping.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
If it cleared up your passageway, maybe it was just the moisture. Can you use saline solution with nicotine??
Saline is a coil gunker. Simple distilled water will do the trick. Just add a few drops to the juice in your tank.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Saline is a coil gunker. Simple distilled water will do the trick. Just add a few drops to the juice in your tank.
    I wasn't clear on that. I meant to skip vaping and just use saline to clear his sinuses. Using added nicotine if necessary. If it's even a good idea to use nic with saline??
    Good morning :)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I wasn't clear on that. I meant to skip vaping and just use saline to clear his sinuses. Using added nicotine if necessary. If it's even a good idea to use nic with saline??
    Good morning :)
    Out of my wheel house there. If was going to skip the juice I'd just use a nettie pot. When my sinus issues flare I microwave a cup of water and inhale the steam. II'm pretty stubborn and just add nic to my vape when I have a sore throat and just vape less often.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I've nasal vaped several times, because over the past year, I had several complicated mouth surgeries and couldn't vape regularly due to suction and healing. I found it slightly irritating (but not much) and my nose did dry out more a bit. I don't think there is anything particularly unsafe about it, although if you started getting nose bleeds or something, I might be concerned.

The nasal passages are great absorbers of vape, I went though a lot less eliquid doing it. Can't say I found it particularly pleasant but dangerous? No.

Anna

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    I get a runny nose if I exhale my vape (~4% saline) through it.
    3 nose exhales in a row and it's flowing.

I'm going to mix a batch of juice with DW now. I tried it once and got too much throat hit so I switched to saline. Saline is much milder but I'll test your less gunky proposition and see if I still think it's too harsh. I still have a gallon of DW minus about 10ml :)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL

I'm going to mix a batch of juice with DW now. I tried it once and got too much throat hit so I switched to saline. Saline is much milder but I'll test your less gunky proposition and see if I still think it's too harsh. I still have a gallon of DW minus about 10ml :)
    I use 4-6% dw max vg these days depending on pg from flavors percentage. I use salts so can't speak to harshness.
    Same way with exhaling thru nose, great for moistening the sinuses.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts

Initial result after a full tank of DW juice vs my usual saline juice....
    Same exact amount of coil gunk :( I expected as much but I was hopeful.

I replaced the coils/wick in this aromamizer just 1 tank before starting this test.
    I used the most ADV in my arsenal that I almost always have in my juice box.
    IMO this juice made with DW is just as gunky as my usual saline version.
    I like my flavor as clean as possible so I clean my coils every fill.
    DW = saline for inhalation as far as coil crud is concerned.

I'll finish this bottle to get a better impression of the TH but it's not bad.

Box of one hundred 5ml SfI ampules = $20
    10¢ per 60ml bottle is insignificant AFAIC so I'll continue to enjoy my saline and clean after every tank. No loss.

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    vicks.jpg

The solution to a stuffy nose. Lol!

• Agree
    Reactions: DamnPrecious

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    Initial result after a full tank of DW juice vs my usual saline juice....
    Same exact amount of coil gunk :( I expected as much but I was hopeful.

I replaced the coils/wick in this aromamizer just 1 tank before starting this test.
    I used the most ADV in my arsenal that I almost always have in my juice box.
    IMO this juice made with DW is just as gunky as my usual saline version.
    I like my flavor as clean as possible so I clean my coils every fill.
    DW = saline for inhalation as far as coil crud is concerned.

I'll finish this bottle to get a better impression of the TH but it's not bad.

Box of one hundred 5ml SfI ampules = $20
    10¢ per 60ml bottle is insignificant AFAIC so I'll continue to enjoy my saline and clean after every tank. No loss.
    Mixed feelings after 2 refills.
    The coils were significantly cleaner after the second than after the first.
    OTOH my favorite ADV tastes better with saline than with DW.
    I'll keep vaping the DW and report more results by the tankful.
    @Letitia - it seems that my initial results were flawed. The crud must have been leftover from the single tankful of saline juice that went through before I started testing DW. It's harder crud now that's less "scrapeable" but there's much less of it.

The juice is only 2 days old so it might develop into my old favorite as it steeps.
    It's still a bit different even with an 8 hour open cap cycle but TWT
    29511134_2122219371342215_4430314300654422642_n.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread