Status
Not open for further replies.

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
Does the Extension Cap for the ZMax also work with the clear and acrylimax units as have a few pairs of slightly taller than standard 18350's I would like to get use out of :) so looking for a vv unit that would allow me to.thanks in advance

I doubt it, they look like completely different thread/cap designs.

prole

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
IDK GPS done gone'n broke
I doubt it, they look like completely different thread/cap designs.

May be right, though it looks to me as best as can compare in side by side browser windows the threading looks the same... but the bottom cap on the acryli has a wider flange/lip to match the tubes wider OD. Hopefully can get a firm response either way... a bit pricey to order both with crossed fingers they work together heh.

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
May be right, though it looks to me as best as can compare in side by side browser windows the threading looks the same... but the bottom cap on the acryli has a wider flange/lip to match the tubes wider OD. Hopefully can get a firm response either way... a bit pricey to order both with crossed fingers they work together heh.

If you use the ticket system on the website you might get a quicker response, although maybe not until Monday at this point.

aziffel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
nc
Does the Extension Cap for the ZMax also work with the clear and acrylimax units as have a few pairs of slightly taller than standard 18350's I would like to get use out of :) so looking for a vv unit that would allow me to.thanks in advance

Why would you do that?My clearmax uses 1 18650. :?:

PA050837.jpg PA050838.jpg PA050839.jpg

Last edited:

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
Why would you do that?My clearmax uses 1 18650. :?:

Because the zmax has the same board, in theory if the threads fit you could use 2 18350s in this mod as you could in the Zmax with the extension. Personally I would rather use 1 18650 but some people like to use the 18350s.

prole

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
They won't w/o the extension, which is an option for the metal vmax.... am hoping said extension will work with it's non-metallic cheaper brethren.

Just tried the cap from my VMax on my ClearMax and they are very close but just enough difference to where one would have to force them to start threading. I didn't push mine that hard but it felt like it wanted to grab a thread. It probably wouldn't be possible to force them to thread together as the threaded metal tube in the end of the Acrylic tube will slip and turn if too much pressure is put on it. About the only chance one would have is to take it out, do whatever is necessary to get them to thread together then re-solder the ground wire to it. It can be done, just a question of how much effort and money you want to put into it to be able to use your 18350 batteries.

Errol

prole

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
[/B]

Just tried the cap from my VMax on my ClearMax and they are very close but just enough difference to where one would have to force them to start threading. I didn't push mine that hard but it felt like it wanted to grab a thread. It probably wouldn't be possible to force them to thread together as the threaded metal tube in the end of the Acrylic tube will slip and turn if too much pressure is put on it. About the only chance one would have is to take it out, do whatever is necessary to get them to thread together then re-solder the ground wire to it. It can be done, just a question of how much effort and money you want to put into it to be able to use your 18350 batteries.

Errol

Then safe to assume would be the same with the acrylimax... which is what i was most interested in, bit aside from the tubes look exactly the same.... an how much well the price of the non-metallic vmax variants and the extension about the most I would spend for an on the go/out and about vv modthat I could use up my 18350's with, and liked the option if the two items worked with each other going with 18650's afterwards :) most of my vaping is with a wired to ac or dc with a vv pt..... a vv for when not able to plug in would be nice.

The mod I have that uses 18350's is getting wonky (some called it a varistack) so been using the trusty 14650 epower instead (but sometimes 3.7/.6 is just not enough lol). Modding the clear are acyrlimax well doable after warranty expired, but then would have to buy 18650's heh prior.

Spent too much money on misses or not quite up to snuff stuff since I started vaping so is one those dang it going to make use of what is useable or bust things man. If ever I cannot afford new heads for the vivi nova (best nic juice delivery device so far imho) have tons of atties, assorted fluxo incarnations, dct tank innards etc... to sate the nicotine Gigantopithecus blacki on my back for a couple years easy haha.

Glad I asked before just going for it.... visually the threads looked the same comparing the pics. may be something out there, have not looked have a small list of suppliers I buy from and MV's is on the short list so where I looked first. The vmax and extension would be the way to go 'cept not going to spend that much at present, with a few ne spare epower switches and 14650's to cover untethered vaping needs for a few months.... sorry for being so long winded, something about these potent muscle relaxers and pain killers the doc has me on makes me yappy or typey in this case when given the go lol.

Thanks man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread