Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
All of these components are made in China, so you should have no issue ordering from a Chinese vendor.

There aren't many clearos for the 808 that I'm aware of.

There's the CE2, CE3, CE4/CE4+, and the Nano by Vision; the T4, M3, and E-Smart by Kanger; and the Tidy by Innoken. The CE2, CE3 and Tidy require a syringe to fill. I never used the CE2 or CE3, but I wasn't very impressed by the Tidy. The Nano floods very easily. I've yet to have one last more than a few days. The CE4 is technically made for the larger vGo batteries, but they will fit on any 808-threaded stick battery with no issue. I've had the best of luck with these, but after about a month they start to leak horribly. The M3 is an update on the discontinued G4 clearo, and they work pretty well. They are a bit pricey for what you get though, and it is easy to flood them and have juice leak everywhere. I've never used the T4 or E-Smart, so I can't really comment on their performance.

I've ordered from Top Vapors in China before, and they are very affordable. But I was left with no tracking information and it did take about 5 weeks to make it to the States. Fasttech is very popular around here lately as well, and you could always check out Health Cabin. Good luck.

Drael

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2012
New Zealand (Middle Earth, lol)
I use tidy-10 innokin, and kanger m3 clearos on my 808 volt batteries. But both of these are sort of nano's, if your using something bigger, you may want something bigger.

Either way, both of these are good, kanger m3 (average 2.1 ohm) is the hotter/better one, but its also a little longer. I used the tidys for a softer vape, and for portability, but m3 is really by go to.

Last edited:

Coldpunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
Columbia, Mo
M3 on an 808 is a nice little set up. I got mine here. That price is for a pack of five. Best flavor of all the top coil 808 stuff I tried as wel. Their only downfall was the condensation in the tip and that they weren't pocket friendly. Both problems were worth putting up with imo for the taste and size. I used to carry mine around in an old cigar tube so the tip wouldn't come off in my pocket causing a leak.

Evil Speakers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
lawrence, KS
I got a Halo mini tank (basically a T4) last week for my girlfriend... I'm not a clearo fan, but I was surprised at how well it works. Doesn't seem to mute flavors and no leaks so far.

I did not have good luck with the Nanos... They leaked and the flavor was terrible after a short amount of time.

Arker

Apr 25, 2013
NC, USA
The only one I have tried so far is the Volt CE-3, so I guess your question elicits my preliminary review.

First off the good - at it's best, this thing works. Well. As much or more vapor off a bog standard 280mh 808 bat as I have seen a cartomizer produce.

The first one has been a learning experience, I watched the video and filled the thing per instructions (and caught the fact that even though it says to blow through to remove the primer, it also says DONT or you will blow the seal, so I didnt.) The primer was no problem, and I vaped it till it got low. At that point it was still working but not well, I was a little disappointed because there was still quite a bit visible but I just refilled.

And on the second refill I messed up. I got leakage because I overfilled it ever so slightly (I guessed I needed 6ml, loaded 6ml, and I actually only needed 5.9. Trust me, dont push that last tenth of a ml in.) The seal-flap thingy got pushed up and juice trapped in there as a result. That's my fault, just a warning that it is extremely easy to do. It's still working but it will leak if not kept upright now. Since you have to fill it upside down, it will be impossible to refill without getting my hands wet again. Oh well.

I have about 8ml of some pretty awful smoke juice I plan to continue using through this one, if it continues to function that long I will be throwing it away and pulling out a new one with a different juice afterwards. Hopefully if I am super careful with these things they will work well and last awhile too.

Last edited:

Walker843

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2013
Minneapolis, MN, USA
I just picked up the clearomizers linked earlier in this thread, from Vaporkings.com, but I can only use about the bottom half of my V4L DAV. If I try to go above 3.8 volt, I start to get a burnt taste.

Does anyone know if any of the other clearomizers listed in this thread would let me go all the way up to 4.8 volt?

Last edited:

Walker843

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2013
Minneapolis, MN, USA
I tried tank cartomizers first, and even at 2 ohm sc, the th was too harsh for me, even at lower voltages. I'm also going to try different pg/vg ratios, lower nic levels, and maybe even a 3 ohm tank carto to mellow out the th...all in the search for my perfect vape.

If none of those work, and if there aren't any clearomizers that can handle higher voltages, that's ok. I'm very pleased with the th, vapor, and flavor using these clearomizers. Along with the price and convenience, I'm satisfied. It's just knowing there are unused volts just sitting there, mocking me. :)

Arker

Apr 25, 2013
NC, USA
Strangely enough my clearomizer has so far been used almost exclusively on my pass-through. It's unregulated 5v 808 passthrough and it seemed to work great with the clearomizers, though it's too hot for my carts.

That clearomizer has been leaky to the point of nearly unusable ever since I overfilled it though. Going to get a different juice, try a new one, and try to be SUPER slow and carefully filling it. Best I can figure I destroyed the seals completely the second time I filled it.

Drael

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2012
New Zealand (Middle Earth, lol)
I want to try the e-smart too actually, has a screw in mouthpiece (yay, pocket freindly), comes in 2.2 ohms, and looks like it will work well.

So what does everyone mean by leaking? Ive been using the m3, the tidy10, never overfill it, always blow through it when its first filled. Never leaked, not once. Are you talking about fluid coming out of the clearo to the outside somehow? (Does that happen?)

Also, whats this about the taste going bad?

(is this just when it needs flushing from gunk and goes a little darker/harsher? That happens to me after a while, but I just flush it out with PG and carry on, seems to work fine)

Just so I know what people are talking about :)

Arker

Apr 25, 2013
NC, USA
So what does everyone mean by leaking? Ive been using the m3, the tidy10, never overfill it, always blow through it when its first filled. Never leaked, not once. Are you talking about fluid coming out of the clearo to the outside somehow? (Does that happen?)

My CE3 is leaking at the bottom around the center post. There's a small amount of leakage at the top when filling as well but if done right it's very minimal and easy to deal with.

Do you turn yours upside down and let it drain back out a bit before refilling it? Do you inject the juice ultra-slowly somehow? From my experience with the first one I am thinking that will be the only way to get decent life out of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread