clearomizer or a tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fugzzy

Jul 2, 2012
Orlando fl
I'm still learning to lingo to everything so please give me a hand.I have a mini vivi nova, and am loving it. When i purchased it I was informed that it was a clearomizer. after looking around some more products online (I purchased it at a retail store) I've seen it listed as a clearo, and as a tank. I've also seen it in both clearo and tank forums here. Where I'd like the help is understanding the diffrence between a tank and clearomizer. Are they on in the same? Is it the way it feeds the juice? I really like the setup i have now(1000mah ego twist w/ mini viv) would a tank system be any better? Please help me on my learning trip. :blink:

It's a clearo because you can see through it.
Everyone will have something different to say I'm sure, but for me if it's a straight tube style clearo (carto like), I refer to the shell as a tube and once it gets over to the 2.5+ml size, I refer to the shell as tank. That's just my thoughts on it though.

For me it's a clearo either way, call it what you want....it's yours :)

Last edited:

Dom C

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Plantation, Florida
Generally speaking the term "clearomizer" refers to any size tube with e CE2 style wick setup where wicks (usually long) feed liquid to the heating coil. A "tank" usually refers to a cartomizer tank, which is just a tank that looks similar to the vivi nova except instead of having having wicks feeding the coil, you place a cartomizer with holes punched in the sides into the empty tank and the juice is fed into the cartomizer. Two different concepts but the "tank" part can look very similar. The vivi nova is essentially a clearomizer style tank. Hope that clears it up for you.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Generally speaking the term "clearomizer" refers to any size tube with e CE2 style wick setup where wicks (usually long) feed liquid to the heating coil. A "tank" usually refers to a cartomizer tank, which is just a tank that looks similar to the vivi nova except instead of having having wicks feeding the coil, you place a cartomizer with holes punched in the sides into the empty tank and the juice is fed into the cartomizer. Two different concepts but the "tank" part can look very similar. The vivi nova is essentially a clearomizer style tank. Hope that clears it up for you.

This is how I classify them too. Clearos have wicks, tanks have cartos :) I wasn't sure I was right, but that is how I classify them too. bnrk

Fugzzy

Jul 2, 2012
Orlando fl

Thank you so much. This has been driving me crazy. I agree with otrpu, I don't care what the name is but it makes it really difficult to even know what I want lol. I am living my nova, but I think I'm going to order a tank setup and see how it goes. Only thing that turns me off if they look as though they can be messy. Thanks for the help guys.

What? People still use cartomizers?
I bet once the stock of billions of cartridges runs out they will start giving cartomizers away in kits like they do cartridges now.

I can see the future reviews now, "Here is a nice kit, it comes with 2 batts; instruction manual; a charger and 5 pre-filled cartomizers....throw them out."......lol.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I hope cartos are around for a long time because I have quite a collection of glass carto tanks! Love them. I do have a love hate relationship with clearos, love the idea & look, when they work they are fabulous, but they are just so finicky and don't always work! I have two new coming I have not tried yet, smokteck polypro clearos, so I keep giving them a chance but they keep letting me down. bnrk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread