Clearomizers have a chemical taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aqualung77

Jan 24, 2010
finland
Hello everyone! keep on vaping!

I recently bought clearomizers(Royal Smokers), 510 large, 2.6-2.8 ohm, that come in pack of fives. The clearomizers are inside a spaceage looking plastic that is sealed. The problem I have is that when take it out of the packet and fill it and start vaping it has a chemical taste. I can see tiny whiny droplets inside the clearo also. When I remove all the rubbers I can smell the chemical aroma. I left one open over night and the chemical aroma is gone. What I´m concerned is what is this chemical?

The CHEMICAL COULD BE DANGEROUS as I don´t know what it is. Maybe it is a sterilizing agent added to them in the end or at some other point of the process.

Maybe the chemical is mostly evaporated when left opened over night, but I still would like to know if someone has any ideas of its nature and HOW TO WASH THE CLEAROMIZER TO RID ID CLEAN.

This kind of issues should be addressed to help the cause of e-cigarettes as they are volatile in media + of course the products should be safe.

JackSam

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
NY USA
You have to rinse and dry burn them when new to get rid of primer and crap in them. There's definitely something there when they are new, even though vendors and the manufacturer swear otherwise.

When dry burning new ones you'll see the wick turns black for a short period of time then goes back to white. There's clearly something being burned off at this point. Even the 'pre burned' ones did this, so they aren't pre burned or something is added beyond that.

So just remove inner plugs, rinse a couple times, burn it till dry and wick goes black, then white. That will get rid of the taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread