Clipping coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
hi all,

So I purchased my first rebuildable - GeekVape Zeus. Firstly I love the lines and machining and when I got it out of the box I was seriously impressed that it came with so many spares.

My problem comes from putting it together; I used the coils that came with it, they seemed exceedingly long (after tying them in they sat above the airflow posts), put the cotton in and trimmed, soaked and pre-fired the cotton before topping up (smelled fine), put it back together and topped up the tank, took my first hit....

BY THE GODS IT WAS DISGUSTING!!!

now I knew from the taste that it was burning cotton, I pre-soaked it for nearly an hour before starting. And I can’t seem to get it tasting “normal” The way I can with my Revenger X.

Something I noticed when I pulled the coils out were they were exceedingly high in contrast to the vids I’ve watched, should I be trimming the coil ends?

I’m guessing the cotton isn’t wicking fast enough, between that and the juice is really thick (Charlie Nobles custard). Is there a technique I’m missing?

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Reactions: stols001

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
A67367F1-45FC-4B5D-A713-E86160E120CA.jpeg
Here’s the coil, I can see why it burned, out a new one in and still getting the burned taste even though I clipped the tails.

Reactions: stols001

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
The coil is too high and shorting on the chimney.
Take a look through this thread for some build pics:
GeekVape Zeus RTA
Thanks for that - I clipped the coil tails and it sits around the same height as in the build pics.

I’m going to let it soak for bit more and try again. I’m getting a little put off by the burnt cotton taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread