What is this taste on my coil?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy_H

Nov 27, 2016
Hey everyone! I just got back into vaping 2 weeks ago. I had left over coils & cotton from when I vaped about 8 months ago & the cotton looked the same as the stuff I just put in my RDA but could've been slightly different as some came with the pre-made coils. I put the 2 coils in my RDA 2 weeks ago & was at .36 ohm. Wicked her up, no problem. Changed cotton alot over the week, no problem still. I gotta mention I didn't drip str8 for that week 1/2 as I used my tanks more. I changed cotton yesterday & the little bag of cotton I was using was empty so I grabbed my KGD cotton that I had bought about a year ago. It really does look the same as I think I had previously filled the other bags myself. Anyway the coils taste kinda metaly, mettalic, don't know how to explain it. It's not good at all & I'm sure it's not a burnt taste as none of the cotton was ever burnt when I changed it. I dry burnt & cleaned in water last night & it seemed fine, then today it's back to weird tasting. Is this my coils being shot, bad cotton, or something else?! I've seemed to lose my touch with rebuilding

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey everyone! I just got back into vaping 2 weeks ago. I had left over coils & cotton from when I vaped about 8 months ago & the cotton looked the same as the stuff I just put in my RDA but could've been slightly different as some came with the pre-made coils. I put the 2 coils in my RDA 2 weeks ago & was at .36 ohm. Wicked her up, no problem. Changed cotton alot over the week, no problem still. I gotta mention I didn't drip str8 for that week 1/2 as I used my tanks more. I changed cotton yesterday & the little bag of cotton I was using was empty so I grabbed my KGD cotton that I had bought about a year ago. It really does look the same as I think I had previously filled the other bags myself. Anyway the coils taste kinda metaly, mettalic, don't know how to explain it. It's not good at all & I'm sure it's not a burnt taste as none of the cotton was ever burnt when I changed it. I dry burnt & cleaned in water last night & it seemed fine, then today it's back to weird tasting. Is this my coils being shot, bad cotton, or something else?! I've seemed to lose my touch with rebuilding

Hi Mandy,
Sorry to hear of your issue.
My brother's wife's uncle had the same problem with those coils in that RDA at that wattage and with that juice also.

Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers
I

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't think it's your cotton. Wicking or coils, potentially, but cotton is pretty inert if it's sealed I'm doubting it would have been that. Metallic makes me think coils, maybe something going on with the tank, maybe it needs a thorough tear down or wash if it has sat a while, or something to do with the coils, although I'm not entirely sure what. Do you live in a humid environment? I'm thinking like rust somewhere or something which doesn't necessarily mean oh, panic or anything but you would need to remove it by sanding or whatever method. Good luck wish I could be more help.

Anna

Mandy_H

Nov 27, 2016
metallic/citrusy taste is common. I get it all the time with new coils. it usually goes away with tinkering and time vaping though. hopefully breaking them in helps.
It wasn't there the 1st 2 weeks though. It was fine, great & so perfect lol. I just don't have anymore pre-made coils & I'm broke with having to buy almost everything to start vaping again. I will clean them again & see if that helps. Thanks!

Reactions: stols001

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
My brother's wife's uncle had the same problem with those coils in that RDA at that wattage and with that juice also.

Wow. There's service for you. :thumb:

I do believe my sister's friend used to own a Green Citroen that drove down the same lanes at the same speed for the same amount of days as my Uncle's podiatrist.
They both got scrapped in the same month. Can't say for sure how co-incidental all that is but my money is they were cr** to begin with.

That is a joke. I am not taking the .... (really, I am not).....:thumbs: it just made me chuckle. The way you described it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread