• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Clone DNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
Since some guys PM me about the Clone DNA, might well start this thread on Clone DNA

Welcome more input on this, I am new to DNA and still experimenting with it. Pardon me if I do not provide right info and right stuff

I have been using for about near 5 days and the vape quality from a clone DNA enhances the taste and no doubt at any ohm level you can basically adjust the W up or down to suit to your needs. Setting at high W for example; 1.3ohm at 14W it fire so quickly and if the juices do not flow to the wick fast enough, after a few mouthful, there is a slight burnt taste.

Have since tried on 0.8ohm, it produces good taste, TH and Vapor but running fast on juices. Now I settle more towards 1.3ohm ~ 1.5ohm on the clone DNA and set the W around 11.7 ~ 12.5.On the first day, just to try out using 0.8ohm on 32W, it fire but loses the taste and flavour. And again, I set to the lowest 7W and it still fires but low vapour.

After several round of testing and tasting, I settle for 1.3 ~ 1.5ohm. Well, for the ohm level on Clone DNA is about 0.1 ~ 0.2 difference. Using AW 28 coil around 7/8 wraps give me around 1.1ohm on mech mod but on DNA reads between 1.2 ~ 1.3ohm. I set W at around 11.7, occasionally, set to 12 to 12.2. After using it from 8am till now battery life around 50% or less and it goes well till I get home

After searching for info on DNA clone, I realised there are 2 other producers in China producing clone DNA 30 and DNA 20. And there are several builders in China, some with good quality some with bad quality.

The video below seems to be of near original build without logo. Whereas the one I got it came from another source but with modification on the battery spring to copper contacts. Original came with spring but has some issues on loose connections.

Also take note on the clone market, clone DNA 20 build are using Lipo battery (Similar to the original) and they do not last, some build clone DNA 30 on Lipo battery too.

From my understanding from friend and seller, even clone DNA suit high drain batteries, tried out on Lipo batteries. Vape quality is not too bad but can’t seems to get the DNA 30 feelings.

Another difference from the original, some tanks like my KFL does not sit flush to the top. Build quality of the box are not so nicely anodised and logo of H is quite awful, I rather not to have it.

The outer outlook of the box may not be very impressive but it can be offset by having some stickers like carbon fibre look.

Tried out my friend Original DNA and we both felt no much difference, The only difference is my clone could not lock the power but for me it is not a big issue so long as I can achieved near to the original for a fraction of the cost, I am happy vaper already.

Here some video to share about DNA

Cana Modz DNA 30 Clone Review from Elev8 Vape - YouTube

DON'T BUY A HANA MODZ take 2! - YouTube

Last edited:

deathsmoochy

Dec 29, 2013
Lion City
I'm kind of hoping innokin comes out with MVP 3.0 soon. Maybe a DNA chip installed? Heh

de070x.jpg

is this what you're hoping for? hahaha.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
I beg to differ. DNAs shines when they deliver that power through a high ohm build like 1.2-2.0 ohm build which a mech mod can't.

truth.

sub-ohm wise, a mech can easily do what a DNA30 can, and more. It's the ability to handle standard or high resistance that's interesting.

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
well imo, DNAs really shines when you are using low sub ohms (>0.5) . else you are better using a mech mod or VV/VW mods.

To each ohm level it has it benefits of delivering constant vape quality which a mech will deliver sub ohm on the initial power and decrease over the time. DNA provide constant power till battery is dead.

My clone has been delivering a constant flow and so far no issues on 0.8 ~ 2.4ohm. Due to my busy schedule this week unable to try out sub ohm

Sent from Gotham City using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread